BMX XXX Banned in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMX XXX Banned in Australia

My brother sent me this link because this is one of his most looked forward to games. And he knows I go here and he said "it sucks for all the tweaktowners that have xbox's." And btw he works for this xbox site

Experience the new generation of games and entertainment with Xbox. Explore consoles, new and old Xbox games and accessories to start or add to your collection.

i saw a quicktime movie somewhere that had everyone in my office on the floor cracking up. pimps, strip clubs, bikini clad bikers. strippers. not that bad really but a lot of parental groups are trying to get it banned in the USA as well.

Comment

Thats totally F----ed up :thumbs do

Comment

It's time for another FA-MAS rant. What's wrong with pimps, strip clubs, bikini clad bikers. With the exception of pimps, all that stuff is legal here in the US. I'm sure there in AUS also. Except maybe pimps are legal also? Probably not. I'll put it this way, we know BMX XXX is going to have a Mature (or is it adult) rating. Now, if you're of age to buy it, that's fine. Do what you want. It should be available to those people. But it should not be for underage people. I hate to say it, but it's up to parents to keep tabs on their children. You catch young Johnny playing this game, yank it away. That's all

I really hate it when video games are blamed. I mean really. Be it a child that shoots up a school or a sniper that's killed 12 people. Then they find that the person played video games. They always make the assumption that video games are the cause. An example, Columbine High here in the US. They found that one of the shooters played Doom. Next thing you see police and newscasters saying that that may have been the cause that made them do what they did. Same for the sniper situation, except they can't find the sniper. But some fool at a news station knows there is a game named Sniper Scope, and tried to make the connection. "The shooter may have played this game Sniper Scope".

They always make the assumption that these games altered these people's perception of reality. That's nonsence. I guess I can see the argument that games are getting more and more realistic. But, If the person knew fantasy from reality and wrong from right in the first place these would not have happened. Seriously, two examples. I know Beefy and I play alot ov video games. I know Beefy plays, or played GTA3. Do you see Beefy stealing cars, running drugs, shooting people with a bazooka? I don't think so. And me, I play alot of MGS2. You don't see me performing insane areobatics, breaking people's necks, and using high powered weapons. Again know. I know the difference between fantasy and reality. As I'm sure does Beefy.

Live in your world, play in ours. That's one of Sony's slogans got Playstation. That's it right there. That lets you know that the game world is different from the real world.

This may sound cheesy. Games don't kill people, people kill people. :D

Later

Comment

Originally posted by FA-MAS
          This may sound cheesy. Games don't kill people, people kill people. :D

Later
          I agree with the "spirit" of what you are trying to say, but disagree with alot of your conclusions. To say that people are not affected by the stimuli which they injest is simply incorrect and is easily disproven in controlled experiments. People are affected ENORMOUSLY by what they consume. There is a a multi billion dollar advertising industry out there which would also disagree with your assumptions. They pour billions of dollars a year into advertising because they know what any 1st year psychology major does........... That images and information (however consumed) produce a measureable result which generates huge profits for business and industry. To put it plainly, they know that what we see, smell, touch, hear, taste DOES affect us.

Also to say that violent games don't affect people in one way or another is wrong too. Let's ask an expert and see what he thinks.

LT. COL. DAVID GROSSMAN

He is a retired U.S. Army Ranger and former Professor at West Point University. He trains the FBI, Special Forces, Marine Corps, and Law Enforcement nation wide. Let's see what he says:

excerpt from interviewhttp://www.larouchepub.com/other/int..._grossman.html

Not trying to flame you dude.......just strongly disagree with some of your conclusions.

:thumb:

Comment

Here is another expert speaking on the subject:

Violent Video Games Testimony
            Chicago City Council, October 30, 2000
            Michael Rich, MD, MPH, FAAP
            American Academy of Pediatrics

excerpt from testimony..........http://www.aap.org/advocacy/rich-videogameviolence.pdf

There are literally hundreds of sources from a great diversity of experts concerning this subject. There have been hundreds if not thousands of scientific studies regarding this subject.

Comment

I understand everything you've said. The main point I got was that the training LT. COL. DAVID GROSSMAN provides to those agencies makes the victim or potential victim just a target. It take away the feelings that they're living, breathing, humans. The fact they may be someon's father, brother, or whatever they're just targets. It's like a reflex. If video games do this, why have I not killed anyone? And I would hestiate to think about it if I were in that situation. Maybe some of my points are incorrect, as i'm basing my conclusions on myself. Maybe I have more restraint that these peope in these "controlled" studies. Idon't know. But either way, video games did not pull the trigger.

Comment

That's fine man......I wasn't trying to flame you. In response to your question about why you haven't killed anyone yet......I would simply say that not everyone who see's a Mcdonalds commercial will go buy a Big Mac................:D

Comment

Working...
                X