No announcement yet.

I want to get rid of this game called...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get rid of this game called...

THIS POST IN A NUTSHELL:
    Is there any shop that takes used games and trade them in?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

... Grand Theft Auto 3 (PC Version). I despised it the moment *somebody* gave it to me. I did give him a little thank you - with a little touch of sarcasm when I said "I like this game!"

Oh, I want to get rid of it. Seriously. I hate violent games, as I say they are full of [crap] and they go against my mind. When I played one, I officially banned blatant games like this from my computer, and from invading my consciousness (and unconsciousness)!

Is there any store that I could trade this in? I am looking for Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon.

Oh, I am at Finch Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe. Zip Code M1B. I need it to be as near to my place.

EDIT: The game "Eragon" was also rated for violence. BUT if the storyline is good and the violence isn't that much, I am taking it.
    Last edited by Aguiluz; 12-21-2007, 03:13 PM.

Re: I want to get rid of this game called...

You would seriously hate my game collection! ....not to mention some of the things I've done in my life. LOL. Anyway ..... is there an EB Games store in your area? They do trade-ins. Check out this page and use the "store locator": http://www.ebgames.ca/
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

There IS one, and I just have to take the TTC Bus. Around 4.3 km away? No biggie. Thanks, by the way.

EDIT: Yup, off to the store now. If they don't take the game, maybe I will microwave the sucker and put it up on youtube.

Yes, maybe the people reading this thread will say, "This guy's nuts!" But, I don't have violent behavior, so I don't play violent games.

And, well, somebody gave me a PS2 slim, so I can play Spyro 3-7!
      Last edited by Aguiluz; 12-22-2007, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I tried to trade the GTA on Saturday but look at this...
        -----------------------------------------------------------------

AGUILUZ: *disembarks TTC bus* *walks into store*

Saleslady: Good morning, EB games here. How can we help you?

Aguiluz: Uhm... Somebody gave me *whips out GTA3* this game and I was asking if I could trade it in.

Saleslady: Okay... Wait for a moment. *scans records*

Saleslady: Unfortunately, we don't take GTA 3 anymore. It is very old already and have no more trade value.

Aguiluz: *stunned* Uhm... Do you have "The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning?"

Saleslady: Oh, right there...

Aguiluz: Oh yea! I'll take it! *pays*

After 1 minute...

Saleslady: So, what are you going to do with that GTA?

Aguiluz: Its either I am going to microwave it, smash it, burn it, blow it up with explosives, give it to the squirrels, irradiate it with uranium, flush it down the toilet - I just want to get rid of it!

Soon I walked out of the store carrying GTA 3, a Spyro game and a Memory Card for my new PS2.

But... I still have this GTA 3. IT MUST BE DESTROYED. I will post here for updates.

Comment

I thought you didn't like violence? violence against CD's is still violence :)

Comment

Originally posted by Nza View Post
            I thought you didn't like violence? violence against CD's is still violence :)
            Lol... I really laughed at that one. Now when I say "violence," that means killing or harming people or animals - except spiders (eek!), rats (nooo!), and pests, plus countless pesky mosquitoes that bite me, and ants that led my first laptop to ruins.

No, When I smash this disc there's no blood. Nobody will die (except for that GTA fan here, sorry) from it. And, Jack Thompson [Wikipedia] and his supporters *might* rejoice.

Oh, here are the list of "tools of destruction."
            • Two (2) hands (lol)
            • Two (2) feet (lolmachine)
            • One (1) pliers
            • One (1) hole puncher
            • One (1) Vise Grip [Wikipedia]
            • One (1) Alcohol
            • One (1) box-o-matches
            • One (1) strong scissors
            • One (1) Vacuum Cleaner
            P.S: I would save the Jewel Case, as that is the only one I would find useful.

EDIT: Before some nice guy decides to register and play a sarcastic joke on me, I would like to point out that I hate flat-out violence, but actually tolerate "Cartoon Violence." This is due to that my favorite game (see my sig) has been rated as such, and you can't have an action game without it. Take 'Viva Pinata' for an example.

From ESRB Website:
            Cartoon Violence - Violent actions involving cartoon-like situations and characters. May include violence where a character is unharmed after the action has been inflicted

I also accept "Mild Violence" and "Mild Cartoon Violence" plus "Fantasy Violence."
            Last edited by Aguiluz; 01-03-2008, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Those Halo 3 Spartan Helmets are interesting...

...Interesting to put explosives into.

Joke, joke. Of course, I won't be doing such expensive dumbness.

I am currently thinking over how to tear apart the package. Safe and Sane is a must.

EDIT: Microwaving is out of the option, as the CD might wreck the only microwave I have.

EDIT 2: If you have not noticed, I posted "Grand Toilet Auto" already.
              Last edited by Aguiluz; 01-07-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X