Is Mario64 bootleg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mario64 bootleg?

I was prowling on ebay looking for Mario64 and came across several sellers who have brand new N64 games. The boxes still pristine and sealed. Are these likely bootlegs? Nintendo has stopped manufacturing these so why are brand new games still circling the market? I found the same deal with the Dreamcast console.

I'm so dying to play Mario again. I should never have sold my original copy.

Re: Is Mario64 bootleg?

You should get the DS version (not that I use it or own a DS), the graphics are better, there are extras and it is portable. they are still being manufactured so dont worry bout bootlegging. I dont think ithe N64 version bootlegged though, my sis bought one from a place in town brand new a year ago.

Comment

You will find that kind of thing on eBay all the time. Most likely not bootleg.

Comment

I had the DS version of Mario 64 and wound up getting rid of it. I love my DS, but I don't think 3D play controls translate very well on the DS. The touch screen just isn't the same as the joystick. Granted, the N64 joystick was kinda flimsy and doomed to break, but the DS stylus is consistently mediocre as a replacement.

Otherwise the game is exactly the same. So, consider how important graphics and play control are to you.

Comment

I loved that game. I still play it every once in a while. I beat it with all 120 stars. It took my friend and I 2 years to complete it. It has to be one of the all time best N64 games.

Comment

Ya, it is a fantastic game, didnt it also trailblaze for the future 3d maroi games?

Comment

You could also wait for the Wii, it allows you to download any Nintendo game ever(so I've heard).

Comment

Working...
              X