PS2 Mod Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 Mod Chip

I just ordered a refurbished PS2 and am looking into MOD chips. I want to get one of the easiest to install mod chips so I have been looking at the no solder ones. which one do I want to get? is there one that does not require any type of boot disc? I see so many different types that I dont know what to get. is there one that connects externally to the machine??

Thanks..

Re: PS2 Mod Chip

Ok... hope im not too late... Get teh new E.Z.I. DMS4 I'm not sure where to get it right now. Do not... I repeat.. Do not get any other solderless modchip. They all sucks and some of them will burn your ps2. The EZI is not really solderless, more like clamps that hold the wires together instead of soldering it together. This makes it actually a regualar modchip that can direct boot and all that. All the other solderless and swap sux. It really does. Trust me. do not get it.

Comment

Agree with jd53887

Get the DMS4 EZI

you can get it from most modchip store online for like around $70 to $80 USD

Comment

http://www.infinitymods.com They are who I use, I am located in Canada, and they ship world-wide, they do installs, and more, great guys

Magic 4 DVD 9 is the chip i use, has new DVD 9 Support

Comment

Originally posted by ps2twomod
          Agree with jd53887

Get the DMS4 EZI

you can get it from most modchip store online for like around $70 to $80 USD
          DMS4 EZI is known to bend many of the pins on the console. It is a bad method of installing a chip. I highly recommend people stay away from this chip. Go with a solder base chip to get the stability you deserve with that pricetag. If you can't solder, I can help you out there with my mod install service. I have pictures on my site to show my work.

http://tonys.freeserverhost.com

Trust me, I have had customers that tried the EZI and they ended up buying another ps2s after bending/breaking so many little pins.

Comment

Working...
          X