how to hook up my playstation 2 to my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how to hook up my playstation 2 to my computer

You will have to buy a tv-tuner /w RCA jacks (external/internal) which might cost more or less $30. There is no other and cheaper way to connect your PS2 without having to buy that piece of equipment. Please correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

Comment

OP! - I don't know squat about tv tuners and software for it, but i know few things about audio and video;

1- you SQ (sound quality) wont be improved by running it though the computer (if you have a NICE 5.1 HT system it will have a nice amplifier with crossovers- just use RCA and hook it up straight to the Ht system (if you want surround just split the cables (buy or make a splitter)- you cannot get true surround sound from a stereo source no matter how good you sound card is- plus most of sound cards are just for converting digital to analog sound and their quality is based on how well they do that- correct me if I'm wrong here but any analog amplifier will provide better SQ)- budget for this part should not exceed $30...

2.- Video Quality will be improved not the resolution- depending on your TV vs Monitor quality- If you are using DVI or D-SUB then there are converters directly to S-Video or RCA video input- just get that- budget for this part should not exceed $15.... if you want to go fancy to optical- well it will be pointless because you are starting with RCA (as far as i know PS2 doesn't come with HD- 1080p resolution ;])... like they say you can polish a turn but it will still be a turd...

bottom line- don't even run it through your PC- hope that helps

PS- If anyone interested helping me with modding my PS2- http://forums.tweaktown.com/f65/ps2-...-center-39218/

Cheers
      Last edited by Lazyluke; 04-23-2010, 01:36 AM. Reason: PS

Comment

i dont know bcz i have no playstation .For cheap zhu zhu pets*please see the Zhu Zhu pets hamsters site where you can buy Zhu Zhu hamsters at low prices.
        Last edited by boskey; 05-21-2010, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X