Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you have a problem with SETI when.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

always nice to see dual CPU mobos! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    :cheers:

Comment

25 w/u's to go till I've completed 5000.

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
        always nice to see dual CPU mobos! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
        :cheers:
        Yep, they're cool. I like seeing the dual traces when I check the Task Manager Performance. At least before there was S@H. Now, when they're both max'ed out, there's not much point. Now that's stressing your CPU and your cpu cooling!
        :-(

Comment

Yep and when new PC's are finished here they go thru a minimum of 3 days of crunchin' w/u's and continuous loops of 3DMark'01SE (now that's very stressful) and they don't leave here till they can complete that with no hiccups. :devil win

Comment

Speaking of dual cpus...how long do ya say it would take dual athlon mp 2100+'s for a w/u, also are mp's overclockable?

edit: is there a mod to change an xp to an mp or is the following link a fraud, or a great deal? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=15919

Comment

considerin that an XP2000+ is selling for 60bux on pricewatch, I would say dont get it.
              he is right though, you can unlock XPs into MPs but not for what hes charging.
              hell atholon MP2000+ is 123bux, so youre not saving much.
              I would say get some XPs and unlock them yourself!:thumb:

Comment

any links for the mod?? Also a good but cheap dual cpu board

Comment

its like unlocking the multipilers on athlon, except you just unlock different bridge (L5 i think) but procedure is the same.
                  use window defroster repair kit to connect them.
                  im sure wiggo will give you links to it or you could google for it. plenty of websites have the info :cheers:

Comment

What about the dual cpu mobo,,, Ive heard of some kind of tyan before

Comment

it sounds like your going to go the SMP route?

go here for information and reviews of SMP boards

Tyan have a very good reputation for producing very stable SMP boards, if you do buy an SMP board, make sure you get one with the MPX chipset, not the MP chipset

there are some other SMP board made by other manufacturers also, eg:
                      Asus A7M266-D
                      MSI K7D-Master

EDIT: here is the article about how to make an Athlon XP into an MP
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
                      X