Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distributed Computing Program - WE NEED A NEW ONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wwilliam54
    Whats the link for UD
    Ill add some Yankee support for the TT team
    i hope it likes SMP

HMM
    i hope there a UNIX/Linux version
    I wanna try my cluster sometime :thumb:
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

found it
      running realtime on proc 1
      ill leave it like that untill it time for Q3A

Comment

HI all, I'm new to your board ( <---- first post )

I've been doing DC for a few years - Seti, Folding, Genome, RC5, UD Think, D2OL, MoneyBee (sucks), EON, ECCp-109 and some others. I started a team and a site last November - ExtremeDC. Currently we are 6th overall in the world in ECCP and slowly gaining on the #5 team. This project is more then halfway complete, estimates are between 3-6 months (could be sooner, maybe longer), it depends when the two winning Distingusted Points are found! The project involves testing encryption methods along an elliptic curve. The client is small, does not require an Internet connection except for sending points (and this can be done on any computer), it does not download any work units, it creates a starting point on your computer from your system information! One thing about this project is there are two $1000 US prizes to be awarded to the two people that find the winning points! The project is sponsored by Certicom and run by Notre Dame University in Indiana, USA Project Link

From looking at your stats and support for DC here at Tweaktown, I see you've got some serious DC'ers here :cheers:

I'd like to make an offer if I may that would benefit both Tweaktown and ExtremeDC. We would like to finish this project in the top 5 (#1 would be great!). Tweaktown is considering a new project to start! The top 3 teams would be hard to beat - Dutch Power Cows, Arstechnica, TechIMO, 4 and 5 we can take given enough time!
        Top 100 Team Stats

What I would propose is that Tweaktown form a "mini-team" under ExtremeDC. All the members would use the same "username" to submit their individual points, but use their own email address and name so that if they find the winning two points, they would receive credit for the find and also receive the money!

I would recommend a "mini-team" name of tweaktown.com so that your site would receive recognition at being a major threat in Distributed Computing. You would be near the top of the stats from the beginning of your start (if you decide to), we (ExtremeDC) will provide all the help and answers that you may have, we will make a lot of noise and promote Tweaktown as being a new member of our team and I can guarantee an increase in international site traffic to Tweaktown because of this!

Their are clients available for Windows, Linux, BEOS, and Solaris (the SPARC client needs to be compiled, I have the only known Solaris8 X86 client if needed!).

Think about and discuss this offer before making a decission. It would be a great partnership and benefit both you and I to acheive our goals! Visit the main project page, view the stats, visit our site ExtremeDC and if you have any questions at all, just ask. Also I have a help page on getting started Here

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this mess ;)

Randy48
        aka Evil_Roy_Slade

Comment

I've almost completed 30 years worth of processing for UD
          http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

someone is addicted to UD
            TT Original

Comment

thats nothing - the guy at the top of the list almost does a years worth of processing every day
              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

umm... are we gonna find a new or are we just sticking to UD?
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

hey guys, shawn here from OCIA. i just wanted to present you guys with the thought of joining OCIA's Folding@Home team. we are a new team, currently with 1 member who has been folding for a few weeks. i joined today with both of my pc's and have recruited several of my friends.

for those looking for a program to join, I invite you to Folding@Home. a joint TweakTown/OCIA effort would be great. those of you unfamiliar with my site can check things out below:

more info on folding@home:

OCIA team info:

to join our team, simply enter in our team # 12913

i have talked this over with mr tweak and authorized this post :) hope to see you guys on the team!!
                  www.ocia.net

Comment

Sorry ppl but I'm plannin' a SETI wall for the Tweaktown team. :devil win

Comment

i'm seti-ing :)
                      can't be bothered to switch DC program again
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Yes and lookin' very good there as well now. :thumb:

I'm goin' to have a go at this though as I've got quite a collection of Pentium 100 to Pentium MMX COU's which only require some mobo's and ram. :D

<center> </center>

Comment

Well I've been out of action for quite a while (18 months) now but I've decided its time to chuck UD back onto all 3 of my machines.

:cheers:
                          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                          Managing Director
                          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I've joined the team, bottom of the list , trying to get through one thing:o

Comment

I'm sure this is a dead topic, but, if I deciced to leave SETI@home for some reason or wanted to split my CPU time, I'd go with Mersenne Prime I appeals to my enjoyment with mathematics, at least from my younger days. :geek:
                              :-(

Comment

i take it that the talk about the folding@home talk is dead. it would have been just what i was loking for a site that was starting a new team that way i wouldn't have to start from the very bottom and work my way thru the people that have quit. oh well i guess i will go over to ocia if tweaktown isn't gonna have one . please respond

Comment

Working...
                                X