Linux & Seti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux & Seti

ANyone know which version of Seti@home to run with Linux Mandrake 9.1? I also want a Seti Driver type program, Am really Gnew to the Linux stuff so go easy on me :D Just got a system up and running with linux and wantto get seti running on it. help!!!!!:?:

i could tell you how to fun folding@home on linux ;)

:cheers:

Comment

now that would take all the fun out of it, oh wait, you meant RUN folding, naaaa I like SETI, gotta find Wiggo's relo's, who knows when we do some of them might be Relo's of mine

Comment

There seem to be a few: i686-pc-linux-gnu:
        x86_64-pc-linux-gnu:
        alpha-unknown-linux-gnu:
        powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu:
        ppc64-ibm-linux2.4:
        sparc-unknown-linux-gnu:

Some obviously are not what you're after. The first one looks like your best bet. The SETI@home page provides www.linux.org as a reference.

Good luck!

Comment

I think the 1st one is the one that I downloaded, but i guess its just my ignorance of Linux cause I cant seem to get it to run, i will just wait till there are some linux people here in seti that can help me out

can yourun Seti Driver in Linux? if not what is a like program? if there isn't one (and I hope there is) how do i get seti to run? :D just happy to slowly get rid of windows!

Comment

i have no experience with SETI but i am trying anyways.
            first of all download the file ftp://alien.ssl.berkeley.edu/pub/set...-linux-gnu.tar

have a look at Unix README on seti@home site.

D/L a few add-on if you like from here

Read this comprehensive guide but remember to change the file names used cos the guide was written in year 2000.

Comment

Working...
            X