• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest SETI@home News

— October 6, 2003 —
    Plans for our transition to BOINC are here:
    Moving SETI@home to BOINC

The news is pertinent to Folding@home and ClimatePrediction.net too.
    :-(

This should be good as w/u's from Parkes won't be to far behind. :thumb:

Comment

all SETI@home/BOINC accounts will start with zero credit.
      So were starting from scrach!

What will happen with programs like SETIQueue and SETI Monitor?
      These programs (which have been very useful with SETI@home Classic) won't work with SETI@home/BOINC. Their main function (buffering multiple work units) is provided by BOINC itself, which allows you to specify how much work your computer should get each time it contacts the server.
      I dont like that already! Seems to me that its just gonna slow it down! :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
        So were starting from scrach!
        Sounds like good competition in that. :devil win

Comment

— November 14, 2003 —
          It is possible that one or more viruses/worms are circulating around the internet installing SETI@home on infected computers. For more information, click here for more information.
          Wild! I hope this doesn't give anyone we know any ideas... :(

Comment

with the bounty tha MS is putting out on virus writers heads, NO THANKS
            I keep my crunching on my systems :thumb:

:hmm why did I feel that was aimed at me? am I feeling guilty?? :rofl:

Comment

[b]Eventually other distributed computing projects (like Folding@home and ClimatePrediction.net) will also use BOINC, and you'll be able to share your computer time among projects of your choosing.
              this must mean that the new client will be able to handle a variety of WU and not just the standard s@h WU. This should be interesting to see how this gets used with Folding@Home. In a way I think it is probaly for the best. It considates the R&D of DC clients so these clients get better optimized (Linux specificly here) and thus crunch faster. But the Stanford is still developing improved clients, so they must not be planning on switching to this Bionic client anytime soon.

Comment

Now when is this supposed to happen? I knowe its already late, but it seems like I saw somewhere it was to happn in november...

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                  ...so they must not be planning on switching to this Bionic client anytime soon.
                  None of this seems to be happening too fast. I'm looking forward to the BOINC client that will take advantage of not only the CPU, but the available memory and/or the GPU and its memory. Nifty idea!

Comment

Working...
                  X