No announcement yet.

What an Athlon XP1800+ can do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez, chill Kane! I'm just saying that CheeZ may be saying that he's aiming to reclaim his spot, but he's really just watching his back! We know your stats are fluky due to your irregular transfers. I'll be happy with the no. 4 spot, if and when it happens. You two can duke it out for no. 2. :laugh:

Re. the the nForce2 board comment, I think he's saying that those of us vying for his position need to move up to the latest technology, if we expect to catch him. :devil win
    :-(

Comment

Wow! I put Seti on the back burner and there is no competition, but now that I am getting all of the comps online its hate Kane day? and that is my spot! as far as the Nforce...I got it cause i wanted the latest mobo and the best oc board available. I use this main system to play more games that it does working on seti. I am just wondering why it averages higher than Wiggo's machines do!

Comment

For the extra 100MHz ya carryin' ya should be scalpin' me but I have no idea why ya not. :shrug:

Comment

Well I understand why Cheez would want my spot, but it seems that i get away for few days and elrado is ready to take my spot too, or at least thinking about it. as he seems to have some system in the newegg shoping basket. :?:
          BTW it was your spot, but untill you beat me, ITS MINE!!!!!!!
          But I will let you have the #3 in few days, as Im moving for #2! :D And I aint giving that one up w.o a fight!!!

Comment

Hey Cheez I just noticed that ya got a SBLive in that rig of your's and I wonder if that's whats slowin' ya down. :?:

Comment

huh would that actually slow it down? Maybe i will yank it out and try it without the card in and just use the onboard sound.

Comment

It's about the only thing that I can think of that could be holdin' ya back. :shrug:

Comment

Originally posted by CheeZmonZter
                  huh would that actually slow it down? Maybe i will yank it out and try it without the card in and just use the onboard sound.
                  Well with the sound card out of the Setup it is still about the same, Since the format and reinstall I am avging times about 2.09/WU I guess that those 350k units really slow it down...I am getting some right around 1.80 or so and others are up around 2.15hrs/wu still smoking fast compared to what I stared at (26+hrs/wu) I am happy with it so far.

I am going to start messing with the multiplier and see how far this 2700 will go. Fastest I have had it at with a FSB OC was about 2.500 but it wasnt stable there. It runs stable as a dream at the 2.403 but i want more!:thumb: :thumb:

Comment

Hey wiggo, I'm havin a problem. I'm gettin like 32-34 hours for 1. Any suggestions? I just started a few days ago. It's just a base install of seti though.

edit: oops, I just noticed that sb live can screw it up thats what I just switched to a few weeks ago. Should I go back to the c-media 5.1?
                    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
                    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
                    asus a7n8xe-dlx
                    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
                    bfg 6800gt
                    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
                    samsung dvdrw
                    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
                    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
                    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
                    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
                    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
                    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
                    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
                    seagate sataII 500gb
                    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
                    samsung sata dvd-rw
                    2x1024 ocz black
                    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
                    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

Sounds like ya usin' the GUI (screensaver) version which totally sucks and if ya are then uninstall it and follow these instructions for running the Command Line Interface one (Method 2). My 333MHz Celery will get one done in less than a day and that's the slowest thing I have runnin' atm. ;)

Comment

i had been messing around with it and now i see how others compare and i am ashamed.
                        athlon xp 2100+ @2144
                        pc2100 128mb(temporary)
                        epox 8k3a+

and the best that i can do is a 2:53
                        it is overclocked by 13x164
                        does switching from pc2100 to pc2700 actually give ya that big of an increase or is it the 128mb of memory? this is with standard settings in the memory

Comment

well its a little of both.
                          2700 will handle better, and you can run more agressive timings.
                          also more memory is always good.

Comment

Don't worry, you've only done 4 units. You'll get some, if not many more units, with faster times. You've got great potential! :)
                            :-(

Comment

I just upped my XP1800+ T'bred B to 12.5x166MHz resultin' in 2.09GHz equallin' an XP2600+. :D

Comment

the memory is going on order tomorrow. samsung pc2700 256mb. and the duron 900 that i have sitting will only be missing a arddrive then becuase it is using a old msi(to hell with them) so then i will have two folders. anyone will ing to sell a small harddrive?

Comment

Working...
                                X