NFL vs RUGBY vs OZZY RULES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL vs RUGBY vs OZZY RULES

Rugby is better then afl and nfl, thats my opinion n e way.

Comment

Not even close your hieney, American NFL has the toughest all around athletes in the world, you would never know this because of where you live, but enough with the whole "they wear pads" BS, if NFL players didn't wear pads, there would be fatalities every week. Tell me, with the huge success as the NFL is, why can't other countries develope teams to compete with Americans? Well, I know it can be an expensive sport to support, with the gear and all. Another reason would be that it's just way too complicated for the average person outside of here (US) to understand, and lastly, ya just don't have the horses to compete, let's face it, NFL players are superior athletes and any nation that tried to put a team on the field would get DRUBBED to say the least, I think of all nations, the Dutch and Germans would be able to put together teams that MIGHT be able to compete with our high school football teams, but even that I doubt. There is clearly a lack of appreciation and respect for the NFL, and it's just lack of understanding is why, I don't hold this against you, but when you start with the whole pads thing, then you clearly show your lack of knowledge when it comes to that argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Joiner View Post
        Finally the first sensible answer :)

(dont get to comfortable with owning the ashes...England will be taking them back next year..be warned) :)

I appreciate the fact that you love your game of Cricket, but compared to MLB (Major League baseball).......uhm, there is NO comparison

Comment

Originally posted by rugbydude View Post
          rUGBY IS QUITE OBVIOUSLY THE BEST. i MEAN AMERICAN FOOTBALL SUCKS BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL THAT PADDING AND THEY STOP AND START THE GAME ALL THE TIME THERE IS NO FLOW TO THE GAME AT ALL. I'm not sure about ozzy rules but it can't be as good as rugby:D :D :D :D
          NFL is far more superior than your "poor mans" version of American Football you call Rugby, it's not even close, I'd love to see some of your best rugby players come try and play a few positions in an NFL training camp, and see what he thinks afterwards, but it would be in vein if he didn't tell all those rugby fans (England, Australia) that by simply wearing pads makes him inferior, but it's rather his lack of athletic ability. Especially the Britts, God bless you guys, your our allies, but when it comes to sports, you are delusional if you think rugby players could stand up to elite NFL talent, and I'm not talking QB's, I mean like Linebackers, Safties, Fullbacks/Running Backs and Defensive Linemen......try and do your thing over here and you would be humbled rather instantly.

Comment

I only really like AFL (Australian Rules Football) when they had that Super Goal thing going a few years back when they got 8 Points for a goal outside the 50 Meter mark. Im not 100% sure what NFL is but RUGBY wether Leage or union is pretty much crap along side American football which definatly is the Gayest sport in the history or gayness. However I dont mind the State Of Origin as its usually accompanied by Booze and a good time.
            Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
            Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
            Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
            Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
            Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
            G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
            2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
            Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
            2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
            Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
            Windows 7 Ultimate X64 RC1 (Build 7232)
            ------------------------------------------------
            Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
            Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
            ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
            Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
            Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
            Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
            NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
            1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
            Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Comment

Been watching a little Aussie rules football, really confused for awhile but after 20 games or so started understanding some of the rules and it started to become quite enjoyable to watch.

The station that carries the games is a public broadcast station, no commercials, nice but the games have been edited to fit in a two hour time frame, so you only see the game play and hear the play by play and very few replays. Would like to see whole game without the editing. Would help to understand the finer points of the game

NimroadAUS, NFL (National Football League, American), AFL (American Football League, American), top team from each division plays in the Super Bowl). NFL has become the general term to describe all of American football

Cheers
              CPU-Q6600 B3 Lapped 9X333, ZALMAN CNPS9700 NT w/OCZ Freeze
              MB-GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4
              MEM-3 GIGs Crucials
              VIDEO CARD-EVGA 8800 GTS 512
              HD-BOOT WD1600AAJS SATA2
              HD-2x WD5000ABYS SATA2 (RAID 0)
              HD-WD 3200JB 8MB IDE
              DVD-RW-PIONEER DVR-112DBK IDE
              FLOPPY-SONY 1.44MB
              CASE-APEVIA MX-PLEASURE (3x80mm IN & 1x120mm OUT)
              PS-ANTEC NEO POWER 650W
              SOUND-SB EXTREMEGAMER FATAL1TY PRO W/ I/O UPGRADE KIT
              TV-HAUPPAUGE WINTV-PVR USB 2.0
              OS-MICROSOFT WINDOWS MCE 2005 / SP3

Comment

Its like any sport you have never played or really followed. It takes time to understand how the game is played and the rules. When I moved to Queensland, the main sport there is Rugby. AFL (aussie Rules) is not even given a mention unless you live on the coast in a city. Its wiered. I dont mind watching either sport. Its usually a good excuse for a beer or many. I cant say Ive watched much American Football. Its never shown on Free to Air TV and I myself dont have "Pay TV" so I dont get an opportunity to watch it. If I ever do get a change I will sit down and have a look, if just to compare the sports and see how its done in america. If its what I think it is, its just a bunch of girly men wearing excessive amounts of body armor.
                Lian Li PC-7F Chassis Black
                Gigabyte GA-X48-DS5 MB (Rev. 1.1 BIOS v.F8c)
                Gigabyte ODIN GT 800Watt PSU
                Intel Core2Quad Q9550 E0 @ 3.4Ghz @ 1.25vcore
                Noctua NH-U12P + AS5
                G.Skill 2X2GB F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
                2 X ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB (Crossfired)
                Dell Ultrasharp 2209WA IPS
                2 X 1TB Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 1
                Pioneer DVR216 SATA DVD MultiDrive
                Gigabyte Poseidon Chassis
                Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3 (Rev. 1.0 BIOS v.F9)
                ASUS Artic Square CPU Cooling with AS5
                Thermaltake TR2 RX 550Watt PSU
                Intel Core2Duo E8500 E0 @ 3.8Ghz @ 1.25vcore
                Corsair 2 X 2Gb XMS2 PC6400C5 DDR2
                NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
                1 X Seagate 1TB 7200.12 + Seagate 750GB 7211.11
                Sony SATA DVD MultiDrive

Comment

I have watched all three in the US. I love the All Blacks. Aussie rules football is an interesting game. NFL is still the favorite of all sports in the US. Each are different and can't be compared. It depends where you are from to what you would like the most.

Comment

Working...
                  X