No announcement yet.

Anyone going to see Lord of the Rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Anyone know if the cartoon versions of Tolkien's books that came out as movies in the late 1970's/ early 1980's are available in widescreen DVD [2.35:1] format?

I've only seen them in 1.33:1 [4:3] format..

Comment

i only saw them on TV.. haven't seen anything on Video / DVD.. i doubt you'd get it in widescreen, cos it was made for TV...

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
        Back to the LotR books, I didn't think much of The Similliraion, but the rest were pretty sweet.... looking forward to the movie... I just hope it's not too stylised. from some of the previews, it's got a 'fake' kind of aura about it.. not sure if it was intentional or not, but it looks kinda strange... anyways, I guess there is only one way to find out...
        Not the same auther........

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD
          Does Anyone know if the cartoon versions of Tolkien's books that came out as movies in the late 1970's/ early 1980's are available in widescreen DVD [2.35:1] format?

I've only seen them in 1.33:1 [4:3] format..
          Both the Hobbit (more of a kids version) and LOTR (darker version) were done in 1978. I have seen them on DVD, but not the widescreen format.
          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Originally posted by Dlab

Not the same auther........
            Yes in the main it was, the Silmarillion was what he based the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings on, as his background so to speak, but it was edited by his son Christopher after J R R Tolkien's death :D

Comment

Too bad no widescreen..:(

Its funny though I bought a widescreen version of Salem's Lot on Friday, and that was also a TV movie which I don't think was released theatrically. Hmm..

I guess they have the prints for some movies and not others. or maybe it was due to them being cartoons..

Comment

I got my ticket for LOTR showing at 10:45PM here. I heard the movie is like 3 and a half hours long! Eh, who cares! Orcs die! Woohoo!

Comment

Just got back from seeing it. :eek:Wowza! The ring wraiths are freaky--I nearly wet my pants when they were showing up. Oh, oh--the Balrog--very freaky too.

I think they did a good job with the adaption. They did leave out some parts, but I feel they were inconsequential to the main story anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan_Lander
                    Just got back from seeing it. :eek:Wowza! The ring wraiths are freaky--I nearly wet my pants when they were showing up. Oh, oh--the Balrog--very freaky too.

I think they did a good job with the adaption. They did leave out some parts, but I feel they were inconsequential to the main story anyway.
                    not fair - doesnt open here until the 26th
                    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Well, sux to be you. Have a good time when you do see it tho.

Comment

A must see movie for fans of the book :thumb: :thumb:

Comment

I haven't read and of the LOTR books, but I quite enjoyed the movie. Just read got finished with the Hobbit. I am looking forward to the others.
                          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Glad to see you starting at the very beginning JM, after all The Hobbit leads you into the main story

Comment

i saw it when it first came out. the best movie i've ever seen. got the set of books for my b'day. should be a good read. i love olardo Bloom. they guy wif the long blonde hair ;) :p :rolleyes:

Comment

lol, ya know, in real life that guy has a mohawk =:D
                                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
                                X