Russian Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Films

Is anyone interested in talking about Russian Cinema?
    If you are, what are your favorite films? actors

Re: Russian Films

I found this website that actually has english description of some of the most popular Russian movies. http://geocities.com/lxp149/. but you have to scroll down a little to see. i think you can even rent these russian dvd in the US. I saw Night Watch with english subtitle, it was pretty cool. Supposedly Day Watch will be out soon. I think www.MoscowFlix.com is where you can rent the movies. They have an english version of the website, but it looks like the movie description don't have english translations.

Comment

Great list pgmatg! I've seen several of those and Own Solaris, Stalker and Night Watch.
      Can't wait for Day Watch & Mid Watch to be released. Although it's shot in Poland by a Japanese director, Avalon (2001) is an excellent Sci-Fi also.
      Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

Anyone else seen "Night watch"? It's in theaters now, and is a very good Russian Sci-Fi / Fantasy movie ("Lord of the Rings" meets "Prophecy"). It's been out on DVD for some time, but since Fox bought all American distribution rights, they have mandated to stop making NTSC formatted dvds of it. The disk has been slowly disappearing from even Russian stores in America. And Fox kept postponing the release until limited release on friday, while sequel "Day Watch" is already out in Russia in theaters and on pal dvd. Both installments beat American movies in Russia. And the studio is insisting on filming the 3rd part in English. Ain't US movie studios wonderful :rolleyes:
        Last edited by pgmatg; 03-03-2006, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X