Pics of a car that's done over 962,000KM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of a car that's done over 962,000KM

Just a few pics of our car, so that you can see what I'm talking about when I mention it ;)

First up a shot of the engine bay:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

And one of the car itself..... please note it's malachite in colour, not blue ;)

Comment

A pic of the odometer..... because it only goes up to 100,000KM you'll have to take my word it's gone around the clock 9 times ;)

Comment

Looks by the cancer that it should be time 4 a replacement. ;)

Comment

Can't afford another car :cry: :cry: :cry:

Especially when the government is screwing me around at the moment

Comment

wow i bet you got your money out of that.604,375 miles . and look at the name stamped on the engine i hope wizard sees this.

Comment

well albinus thats a nice BLUE car

Comment

Originally posted by japcarsrule
                wow i bet you got your money out of that.604,375 miles . and look at the name stamped on the engine i hope wizard sees this.

Yeah, it's a '79 model Civic, Mum bought it in 1983 when it had done 300,000KM - the former owner was a travelling salesman who drove between Sydney and Brisbane all the time. So since then we've put on the remainder. :)

And the car is malachite (the digital camera is crap), and when we had the colour made up in 1992 everyone went "WOW!!!" and sparked a malachite craze, everyone in Wynnum was painting their Corollas and Civics malachite :sun:

Yes Wiz, that is a H-O-N-D-A stamped on the engine cover :D

Comment

hahahahaahahha

wiz is gonna hate this!!!!!!
                  TT Original

Comment

The only cars I know that consistently last this long are Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas. And the best part it the engine has only been reconditioned once, at about 400,000KM. I have been working on the engine for about the past month, and Mum says "it's purring like a kitten". So it's amazing what a few days of labour can do to an old car :)

We fixed the compression problem that caused it to splutter when first started, and the fuel economy has gone out of sight. We're actually burning up more fuel since leaded was replaced with LRP, but that's probably because of the higher octane rating (more power = leadfoot Albinus) :D

Yes the body is a POS - but ever since we bought the car we haven't had a garage - just sits out in the open all day every day, so the rust really isn't that bad considering the level of abuse the body has been through ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
                      hahahahaahahha

wiz is gonna hate this!!!!!!
                      nah, im all about cars that last a long time, im not saying they dont, im just saying we as Americans should support our own country. :)
                      [space saving sig]
                      AMD 0wn3z j00!
                      [/space saving sig]

Comment

We don't have much of a choice here in Oz - the two main vendors, Holden (GM) and Ford are American owned. Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Mazda etc are Japanese owned. Hyundai and Kia are Korean owned. So we don't have a choice of an Aussie owned car maker :cry:

Comment

Yeah its hard to buy 'Australian made' in Australia.

My mate just sold his Silvia for 17k. Brought the shell ages ago, modded and fully worked it. Cost him 9k total to get it on the road (excl rego etc). *******.
                          That puts him well into uni...

atm im driving a mitsubishi colt (until i move out/start tafe) then ill be driving a pushbike/scabbing lifts in me mates mazda 626
                          :(

Comment

didnt know you guys didnt have aus made cars. if you did tho, wouldnt you want to buy them over a foreign car? hell, i would buy an australian car if they sold em here, as aus has never done anything to us and we are allies :cheers: same thing with german cars, i love em, germany loves us. if you are from the us and go to germany, they take care of you, cuz of all the money we dumped into their economy after the war. oh well, the saga continues....:shoot3:
                            [space saving sig]
                            AMD 0wn3z j00!
                            [/space saving sig]

Comment

Yeah Wiz we do have some such as the Ford Falcon/Futura/Fairmont/Fairlane series and Holden (GMH) Commodore/Statesman series but all are large cars which don't suit everyone (myself I prefer the Ford line). :smokin:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X