No announcement yet.

Pics of a car that's done over 962,000KM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was referring to Australian owned, not Australian made. Even though the jobs are in Australia, the profit goes O/S with foreign companies. :(
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

It is still a nice lokking blue car!

Comment

Does it go over 60km/s? :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
          Does it go over 60km/s? :D

Well 60KM/second is a bit much..... :rolleyes:

60KM/h I hear you say? :D

Well it likes going over 60KM/h....... especially in 60KM/h zones

Hondas luuuuuuuurve high revs, we don't have a tacho in it but on the highway at 100KM/h I guess it is doing at least 5200RPM :cool:

Comment

Well it finally died.....

I wasn't around, but Mum was stranded at the side of the road, blew a head gasket. Water in the oil and vice versa. Not pretty. Cylinders are f*%ked. New car time.

Trying to get "friends" to help me, but no f*%king luck. Moose has been great (cheers, mate!) with ideas but he's a bit far away to physically look at a car with me...

So I'm stuck without a car - which means 3 days a week I'm on public transport at the very least one hour, usually 2, sometimes 3

So I'm f*%king PISSED OFF about the whole thing as you could imagine.

Comment

if you give me a price range and about where you live i'll see what i can dig up

i'm a classifieds guru
              TT Original

Comment

OK - here goes:

Maximum price is about A$3,500. Must have an RWC, and be easily accessible (I don't have ANY transport currently) :(

Looking for a hatchback or wagon, preferably a hatch. The Civic could hold 2 adult bikes in the back - with plenty more room for camping stuff. Also must be 4 cylinder - can't afford the rego and fuel that a 6 needs. Body must be VGC and engine likewise.

Looking at a Toyota Corolla or something similar - preferably JAPANESE (ie Honda, Mazda etc).

Comment

Does it seem that this thread was a jinks on it now? :?:

Comment

Seems that way Wiggo... :(

And another condition - it must be manual, autos chew up too much fuel.

Comment

As much as i would hate to drive that car, Albinus (my old dorm hall leader-guy had one he called "papa") I respect that you could get sooooooooooooooooo many miles out of it, and that its a stick. Men drive sticks, even if the engine its attached to only makes 70Hp.
                      My first car was an 85' Toyota Cressida, and it lasted.
                      But anywho good luck finding a coche.

Comment

Well hopefully I can find a car soon... travelling across town for college is very tiring on public transport

Comment

Thats the worst looking car ive ever seen :o

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
                            We don't have much of a choice here in Oz - the two main vendors, Holden (GM) and Ford are American owned. Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Mazda etc are Japanese owned. Hyundai and Kia are Korean owned. So we don't have a choice of an Aussie owned car maker :cry:
                            Mazda is owned by Ford.
                            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

5200 RPM at 100km/h :?:

Are you driving in second gear or something. My car redlines at 5800RPM and cruises at 100km/h at 2500RPM.

Comment

Civics only have a 4sp box and high ratios....so they really spin over quickly when going at speed. But 100 in a civic should be around 4200 not 5200 :)

But they seem to love spinning at such high speeds, they are happy to spin all day at high RPM :)

Comment

Working...
                                X