Car maintenance..... not for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car maintenance..... not for me!

OK, just spent most of the day changing the air filter, oil filter, radiator hose, oil, coolant, points, spark plugs, rotor, distributor cap etc etc and I feel like **** :(

[/rant]

So I might save up to get it professionally done next time
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

I don't blame you one bit.
    Anything after 1974 I hate to work on, anything after 1978 I probably can't.

Laugh at my ol' striped truck if you want, but I know what every part does, and how to replace it:D
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

my car is a POS but if it breaks down you can usually repair it with some electrical/duct tape
      TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
        my car is a POS but if it breaks down you can usually repair it with some electrical/duct tape
        Thats what I call "reliable engineering":D
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

hehehe.. a friend of mine had an old VW Beetle, and that was his theory.. There was duct tape holding up the window, holding the inside door panels on... The passenger head rest was basically a ball of tape.. that's just the parts I can remember... i'm sure there were plently more..

Comment

a kid at school has a black celica that is held almost entirely together by eletrcal tape. We pulled some off and his sunroof half colapsed!
            TT Original

Comment

Also to make matters worse I tried to mow the lawn afterwards and the bloody 2-stroke wouldn't go..... too much oil in the mix so filled the can up with unleaded and it finally went..... and then went inside to find my arms, legs, face, neck and backside (short shirt) the colour of cooked lobsters

So I'm spraying on this anaesthetic stuff every couple of hours trying to stop the pain :cry:

Comment

Poor Al, have you tried any of that aloe vera gel?

Comment

'hamilton's morsturising cream" :thumb:
                  TT Original

Comment

I feel a bit better today guys - must be time for another

Comment

Good - just tip it in the shade:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                        Poor Al, have you tried any of that aloe vera gel?
                        Or just get a plant.... much better cause it is very cold :) whack it in the fridge for 20 mins and it goes very sticky so it clings to ya skin and cools it down at the same time :)

Comment

we have a big patch of them down the creek
                          TT Original

Comment

Working...
                          X