My new vehicle...possibly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slamo

Also, who said I was tlaking about the standard of the American Ford. Australian Ford is the benchmark here Moose as there are no Holdens in the US to rival Ford.

As for engines, have you ever tried to take apart a ford engine Moose? You need more than 10 different sized spanners whereas when taking apart a Holden engine, you need 3.

You ask any mechanic which they prefer?
    I think that American Ford quilfy for the Holden/Ford benchmark....

Tell me who and where the GenIII V8 was developed and made?
    lol
    Not in Australia

It is an American engine...so yes...American ford do qualify for this benchmark...

As a matter of fact yes I have taken apart a few Ford engines, only Aussie engines thou, so I do not know how the American/British engines are...much better I would say.

The real Holden engines are totall crap....have you noticed that the most popular Holdens don't even use Holden engines?..
    The VL was the most popular..and has held it's value extremely well...why?....because of the engine...Nissan RB30....yes...that is a Skyline engine...

And as for your Aunty working in a car factory....What car manufacturer doesn't use plastic?...Holden use just the same ammount as anyone else.

You can't fight it...you will loose :p

Comment

welli hate to admit it but i'm with moose and ALB on this topic, Even though i dont realy give a crap about the "ford vs holden" saga, there is a reason why so may companies who use fleet vehicles generally have more FORDS/ OTHER cars than they do Holden crumbly doors. Dads last car was a VT berlina, it was ok, until at about 100,000km it started to fall apart and have engine problems, so he has gone back to fords and his to be subaru liberty B4. Even half teh guys at trhe local holden dealer DONT have holdens, 2 of them drive fords.

well theres my 2cents and 2000 spelling errors
      TT Original

Comment

:?: Whatsa Holden??

Me Like my Renault 5 GTX =old and therefore expensive in maintenance and time. But it's small and fast..:afro:

Comment

Originally posted by zzilver
          :?: Whatsa Holden??

Me Like my Renault 5 GTX =old and therefore expensive in maintenance and time. But it's small and fast..:afro:
          An Australian made POS that Bogans and Yobo's whack off over...:p

Now Renault make some good cars :cool:

Comment

Holden is the General Motors brand of car here but then use of the name Holden is to get the gullible thinking that the car is totally Australian which many fall for though it's no more Australian than Ford is. :smokin:
            <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I've said it before and i'll say it again:
              ALL AUSTRALIAN CARS SUCK!!!!

Comment

Horses for courses, what you don't like is someone else's like and basically all boils down to what is suitable for your needs. So what sucks for you doesn't for someone else. I find statements like that are very childish really but everyone is entitled to their own oppinion. :smokin:
                <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Aussie Fords are crap?!? I must say, the 80's and 90's were definately a lull for factory performance fords in Australia. But your forgetting the Ford GTO Phase III, one of THE kings of muscle car, regardless of nationality.

Comment

thank god i live in the usa flordia to be exact where the fords rule the drag tracks i own a 1966 ford fairlane 500 with a big block 509 ci motor 2 stage nitrios injection that runs 9.63 in the 1/4 mile:D :D :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by TrickPonY
                      i own a 1966 ford fairlane 500 with a big block 509 ci motor 2 stage nitrios injection that runs 9.63 in the 1/4 mile:D :D :D :D
                      Got any pictures of that car?

Comment

yes

Comment

gonna have to find some one with a scanner i dont even have a pict of my own car but will post one of the mustange i built

Comment

friends mustange at super ford in west palm beach

Comment

heres a pict of my best friend and his wife me in the middle and my motor builder with his car

Comment

NICE!! :D

So your into drag stars.

I am very fond of american muscle cars. Hip Hurray for those V8 engines.

One day (when I have saved enough money) I wil come to the US and find myself a Cheyy Camaro.
                                Preferably one that's in need of a lot of attention. So I will also first have to own a house with a garage. I don't just want to own one, I wanna restore one.

Here is a pic of my Dream Car, I can't wait :bounce2:

Comment

Working...
                                X