X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JediAgent
    What is holden in the US?
    Holden in the USA is General Motors Holden

USA is General Motors Chevrolet right moose ??

Holdens have GM engines since the 60's

They started in the 50's , ford started in 1960

Got that ??:D

Comment

Well....Holdens are designed in AUS but is owned by GM....

And the Chev Lumina is a Holden Commodore...I just can't remember which one...It's a VX...but can't remember what Model exactly...:)

The period they have been shipping Holdens to USA hasn't been very long...

Comment

So Holden = Chevy.
        Chevrolet isn't to bad. GM as a whole is better than Ford, thou Chrysler/Dodge does seem to be doin better now that MBZ has taken hold. Look at the new RAM for example. Good truck.
        No, I like the new Vette. Only car they make that i like. Looks like the Monaro has the same engine. I wonder if its an LT1 or an LS1?

Nice lookin car thou.

Comment

Well...the GenIII V8 is a Chev engine...and is in all SS Commodores and Monaros

Comment

It's called either a LS3 or an LT3, here. 5.7L V8, Alum head, typically over 300Hp at flywheel, right? I havent heard anything about an oil compression problem, but info about problems on new cars doesnt get out alot round here. Bad consumer stuff. If something's wrong, and even if they ship the car into production. No one is told. Gotta know a mechanic at a big dealership to find out that stuff.

If im wrong about the engine, say something, because if i am, Monaros suck. :eek:

(Reason being that those are the best engine Chevy/Holden make, if it doesnt have that one, well... and i doubt they'd ship an engine there they dont use here.)

Comment

I know 2 people with the 5.7 GEN III Commodore (monaro is a 2 door commodore , jedi )

The 1st had to have new Pistons and rings fitted after 6 months

The 2nd cars motor started *pinging* (family man not petrolhead)
              which holden took back for service for 2 weeks but never told him exactly what it was

Still these problems dont reflect on the race track as we all know

Comment

Let me gett this strait. Commodore = Lumina, and 2 door Commodore = Monaro, so a Monaro is a two door lumina. OK. Not the raciest of all cars, but quick. They also stopped shipiping luminas to the US in 97, so....

Comment

I read somewhere that in the US the monaro will be sold under the pontiac marque.

Comment

Just a little story about a friend of mine.. His parents got the new monaro two weeks ago.. paid around $62,000 AUS for it I think.. anyways.. my friend was driving it around town.. A cop pulled him over and asked to have a look.. So he showed him around.. next night - got caught doing 3 laps of a roundabout. was the same cop.. let him off with a warning (because he showed him the car before)....

Then, to top it off, the guy got clocked doing 159kmh in a 100kmh zone.. It was the same cop... The cop dropped the reported speed to 129kmh.. all because of the monaro....

It's amazing what a good car can do.. :D

Comment

rofl

hello officer, would you like to have a look at this fine beast of a corolla?

no?

oh well.
                      TT Original

Comment

There is no way in hell that would happen here (SoCal) cops are way to tight. Many are pricks, but most are just too involved with there jobs to understand that speeding isnt always bad, or drinking in public doesnt require a public beating, or smoking .... well ill leave it at that.

And if the officer is looking for an older family car, he might just take a look around and offer you a price. One in a million thou.

Comment

Hey I had a cop that affter looking at my 87 corrola he lowed the charge, dvanage of driving an old ladies car.

And the monaro is not just a 2 door lumina, the roof is lower (big fkn whoop) and all austrailian cars a crap any way.

Comment

Now I'm all for a stick-shift fella's:thumb:
                            Fact of the matter though, is you gotta' be the hard-shiftin' mofo from hell to get the gears quicker that a fine tuned automatic tranny.
                            You will find yourself losing ground on those shifts when you come up on an automagic that's been gone through by an expert.
                            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

It's too expensive to rebuild an auto for best performance to your power curve. And most ppl dont do it anyway. An auto on a new car from factory - fast, but one on a car that has been modded - holding the car back.

A stick is more fun anyway.

Comment

I know a couple guys that could do up an automatic that I assure you would not dissapoint you in any way whatsoever.
                                One of them owns his own transmission shop - we went to school together.
                                The other is a mechanic by trade and builds his own bracket racers for fun & profit.
                                They got what it takes - no BS!

No argument though, a stick is more fun:thumb:
                                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                                X