Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose

Porches engines totally rock :D
    ...it's Power + Weight that wins the race ;)
    Thank you Moose. :)
    Correction - its Power + Weight + The Efficiency that the car places those ponies on the ground. The Porsche seems to do it quite well since i can beat GT's with only 147 Hp under my hood (125- ish RW)

And i wanted to know what:.
    Max Power (kW/rpm) 157 kW/4900rpm
    Max Torque (Nm/rpm) 357 Nm/3000rpm
    was in Hp and ft/lbs.

You say its an inline 6, not a V6? What does it weigh?
    Nice big 6 cylinder, too bad those max figures are so low in the curve (RPM) a good race motor has a nice horizontal parabolic curve that keeps going up in power till redline. Its not a race car thou, so i got NO beef. :thumb:

Comment

157KW = 210HP

And it's to many beers into the night to work the other one out :p

Ford don't use a V6 :)
      Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Comment

Decent.

Comment

head over to www.mustangworld.com and go to thier forums, register and post your specs and see if a 99+ GT would take you. you beat that automatic prolly cuz he wasnt racing. 0-60 in 6.67? thats not much to brag about son, i rip it off in high 5's. (especially for yours being mid engine, rear drive, and mine front engine rear drive). As far as the HP numbers, no, i dont worry about bhp, it means nothing, rwhp is what counts, and i was NOT mistaken, the gts put 260 to the ground, my 96 only puts down 193. put a set of 99+ "P" heads on and i would be up about 25-35 rwhp. (the 99+s have better trannies too).

Moose: there is a dude on the forums on mustangworld who has a 2000 Cobra with a Vortech supercharger running like 410rwhp. its insane, he runs like 11.70 or so. not too bad. :D
          [space saving sig]
          AMD 0wn3z j00!
          [/space saving sig]

Comment

Still Doesn't impress me :p

Over here there are quite a few 3L Turbo inline 6's that run mid 9s and low 10s :p

Comment

lol
              with or with out NO2 moose?
              TT Original

Comment

Without of course

Single Turbo as well

:p

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard
                  you beat that automatic prolly cuz he wasnt racing.
                  Thats a lame excuse for knowing my 15 year old Porsche (front engine rear wheel drive) can whoop on your favorite new car, and your car when it was stock, for that matter. I can beat GT's and he was trying :D

Comment

Originally posted by Moose
                    Still Doesn't impress me :p

Over here there are quite a few 3L Turbo inline 6's that run mid 9s and low 10s :p
                    Key words: Over [i]there[/].
                    [space saving sig]
                    AMD 0wn3z j00!
                    [/space saving sig]

Comment

Desert Boy!

Comment

HAHAhahahaha

THIS WAS A GOOD THREAD, especially after our emails before you ever sent me this thread Jedi.

THAT STANG would get smoked either way. Like I was telling Jedi in an email prior to me ever knowing this discussion.

My first car was an 86 Porche 944 "Concourse" =show car.
                        Perfect show condition. I added floor mats since it was being shown, and an 89' Turbo posi rear end when I did the clutch. I taught my wife how to drive a stick in it. Bad and good idea, just cost me quite a bit, and some time. For those who don't know. The engine and bell housing is in front, torque tube to the rear end, where the transaxle is located. So the whole rear end has to come completely off the car, suspension and all.
                        This is of course for racing, front/rear weight distribution.
                        I raced it at quite a few Porsche Concourse events held at Candle Stick park in San Fransisco.
                        I raced a buddy of mine after he bugged me for weeks. Granted we were both mechanics, and competetive there as well. Who knew more, ect. Obviously he didn't do his homework!
                        He had an 89' IROC Z28 with a TON of money into it. We were both in the military too at the time, and had just gotten back from Saudia, when Saudia was FUN, got to go to Bahrain, downtown Riyahd all the time ect.

ANYWAY, as I was saying to Jedi. Mine was stock with the phone dials (BTW JEDI)(which looked sweet on the dark grey paint).
                        I EVEN smoked my tires for a bit off the line and STILL beat him by about 1 1/2 lengths in the 1/4!
                        HE WAS SO PISSED. HE WANTED A REMATCH EVER DAY! I said it wouldn't do him any good except to blow his motor cause he would KILL it just to say he won.

Anyway, a 4 CYL. properly built will smoke a V8!

END OF STORY!:cheers:

Chez

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
                          i'm your typical lazy aussie
                          plus i have no idea how to convert it
                          onlineconversions.com
                          - Damien

Comment

Working...
                          X