brandnew rear speakers crackle! HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brandnew rear speakers crackle! HELP

ok, nobody probably knows anything aobu this stuff but its worth a try...i have 2 brand new 6x9's in the back..well they crackle and i have know idea....and it did it with the old ones too so they can be bad speakers...i tried wrapping foil around the wires to see if that would do anything..nothing...so i odnt know if its cause the metal part of the speaker where you mount it is touching straight to the metal frame..thats the only thing i can think of is cause its metal to metal..but i have no clue..i really would like some help on this..thanks:grr:

Whatever they plug into must be messed up

Comment

well thats another thing is the wiring..im thinking the wires are bard or something, the connections are fine and i looked at the wire and they looked fine but its prob an internal prob....mmmmm i have no clue, the guy i bought it from before, it looked like he had an amp hooked up too casue there are some wires hangin down...damn it damn it damn it:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comment

If ya old rears did it too, then it isnt the wiring etc.

Comment

what??? if it did it with the old ones then obvioulsy it has to be the same prob..so why cant it be the wires

Comment

New Speakers=New Wires, normally. I was assuming the speaker had the wires fixed into it, not plug-in's on the back of the speaker& the audo source

Comment

damn dude, your all over this one..but ok, i have a new cd player but the old wires are still in there..and the old speakers still crackled with this cd player too...no wires came with the speakers and plus i would have to re-run them all the way through the car to the cd player wouldnt i(if i had new wire)...so i guess it has to be the wires right??

Comment

Its the wires and or possible the OEM plugs.

Comment

Cpt.Crappy: A few things to remember.

1. Always use high quality grade speaker cable
                  2. Never run audio cables near to the cars loom
                  3. Don't use manufacturers existing audio loom
                  4. Consider your speaker placement very carefully, ensuring that the speakers don't ground out on the vehicles bodyshell
                  5. For the very best connections, solder and sleeve, don't crimp

Comment

and another thing when i put it on accesory, the speakers work fine, but when the car is on and running, then they crackle..its messed up

Comment

You may have an issue of grounding, make sure verything is set how weta said

Comment

ok sweet, il try that out tonight..thanks a lot for all your help...ohh and one last thing..what is a loom, im not a car whize so help me out

Comment

A simple Google Search came up with thousands of hits, I think you can find one

Comment

If it was me i would just be testing a new set of wires first
                            Also i would be checking the earths as mentioned above and check all the connections on the back of the head unit.

Most likely the wires running thru the car will be shorting. This was the case with my rear speakers in my nissan.

Do the speakers have a whining noise with the crackling when you turn the engine on? Had a similar problem in my falcon with alternator noise.

Comment

ahhh ha i got it..it was the spark plug wires!!! who woulda figured.thanks a lot for all of your help:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                              X