No announcement yet.

Oops! speeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got done for 70 in a 60zone a few months back. Camera got 158 ppl in 1 hr, was on a hill where the 80 zone starts at the bottom.

wasnt in my car either :(
    TT Original

Comment

I just got my permit, and sometimes you don't even know your speeding! It just feels like thats the speed you should be going. Unfortunatly the speed that I 'feel' is right is often 5-10 mph over the speed limit :/ I better learn how to drive slower...

Comment

You had to get done eventually cam just lucky it wasn't over 200k/h ;)

I've got 6 demerits left thanks to my lack of judgement doing 141km/h in a 100km/h zone... :-/

$360AUD fine too
        SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
        Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

Yeah... and considering today I took a Toyota Soarer for a test drive today it's not a good thing really since these beasts have a top end speed of 300km/h.

Decided not to buy - not what I expected.
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
            Yeah... and considering today I took a Toyota Soarer for a test drive today it's not a good thing really since these beasts have a top end speed of 300km/h.

Decided not to buy - not what I expected.
            what did you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by mjmnam
              what did you expect?
              Quicker - it was really nice and smooth but not as fast as I thought it would be.
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

what model was it cam?
                inline 6
                TT6
                or V8?
                TT Original

Comment

Soarer's in their native form are luxury cruisers. They are now known as the Lexus SC400.

The V8 has power, but power for cruising with ease. The V8 also only comes in Automatic flavor for this reason.

The TT has more power than the V8. They are also extremely responsive to modifications, easy to gain heaps of extra power. Coupled with a manual transmission they are a very quick cruising car.

If you want quick, take a TT supra for a spin :D

Go check out Sports and Luxury cars in Ferntree Gully.

http://www.sportsluxurycars.com.au/

Craig Dean is the manager and races in Targa in his Supra and Supercharged V8 soarer.

Decent bloke that knows what his stuff :thumb:
                  Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Comment

Supra TT and Soarer have the same engine, right?
                    BTW Drift Kning also races the Soarer. A nice sight in a place full of AT86 (toyota corolla) and Silvias.

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
                      Supra TT and Soarer have the same engine, right?
                      Nope

The Supra TT has the 2JZ-GTE 3.0 Litre 6cyl DOHC Twin Turbo
                      The Soarer TT has the 1JZ-GTE 2.5 Litre 6cyl DOHC Twin Turbo

The 2JZ is a very nice engine, capable of some serious power.

As with most cars, in stock form they are fairly sedate compared to what they can really do with a bit of work :)
                      Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Comment

Originally posted by Olie
                        what model was it cam?
                        inline 6
                        TT6
                        or V8?
                        It was the V8 version. The Twin Turbo version he wanted an extra $10k for... :eek:
                        Managing Director
                        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I just heard from TV (BBC World, Top Gear), that there is no speed limits on the Isle of man! (an island near the Great-Britain, that´s where rugbydude lives ;) ) That´s so unfair. I truly envy those TV speakers who were testing the BMW Z4, BMW M3 and Porsche 911 there (among other cars). :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                            It was the V8 version. The Twin Turbo version he wanted an extra k for... :eek:

Not a good idea getting a twin turbo considering you can't drive it for another 2 years. It would look pretty sitting in your garage though :p

Comment

Working...
                            X