No announcement yet.

Oops! speeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My other-half got booked today doing 86km in a 60km zone. Boy he's never going to live this one down. :grr:

Comment

You Mexicans have a lot to put up with speed trap wise, I was in Melbourne for a week earlier this month and I have NEVER seen so many speed cameras and cops behind trees with radar guns.

Your 80km areas on Citylink and freeways must be a big earner for the government?
      :shoot3:

Comment

i was doing 120mph in 55zone, 3 lanes of traffic, didnt notice the cop in the right lane :eek: he only clocked me at 90 tho :D

Also you should see the face of a cop as I was sliding (drifting) around a curve, I wasnt speeding but he still wasnt too happy with me. :flames:

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
          i was doing 120mph in 55zone, 3 lanes of traffic, didnt notice the cop in the right lane :eek: he only clocked me at 90 tho :D

Also you should see the face of a cop as I was sliding (drifting) around a curve, I wasnt speeding but he still wasnt too happy with me. :flames:
          In what car?
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
            In what car?
            Good question. Not many cars'll do that speed these days. Unless you got some megabucks!

BTW, no moving violations for me. Just a parking ticket or two. I drive plenty fast though. Of course, alot faster in my younger days! ;)
            :-(

Comment

I have 8 demerit points left out of 12 (lost 4 this year) which is supposed to last me another 2 years for a total of 3.

I don't think I have any other choice but to slow down...
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I've got 4 points left, and I start getting them back in 8 months or so. :)

Comment

demerit points? you Aussies want to explain this one to me?

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba
                    demerit points? you Aussies want to explain this one to me?
                    When you get your car drivers licence you get demerit points, in VIC you get 12 of them (not sure about other states).

For speeding and other road related offences you loose points depending on how serious you break the law. Once you loose all your points, your licence is taken away for a certain amount of time depending on what you did.
                    Managing Director
                    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

cool, thanks Mr. T ...that makes much more sense now :)

Comment

Same here in NSW, the amount of points lost increase with the severity of the offence.

EG, up to 15kms over the limit , loss of one point
                        EG, more than 50km over the limit, bye bye licence.

There's stuff in between those but I dont know exactly.

Comment

<a href="http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrninte.nsf/0/65791420a97a5e13ca256c8e001c583d?OpenDocument& ExpandSection=6" target="_blank">Victorian penalties</a>

Comment

Thx for clearing that up about those points as I was wondering about them myself to..

In Sweden you loose the licence if driving 30km/h over the limit. And the fine is often $10 usd per km you exceed the limit. That's why I got $120 in fine for doing 62km/h on a 50 road.. :cry:

My only offense though, except for a couple of parking tickets..

Comment

wow... it seems that other places are very strict on drivers. Around here you can easily get away with 5 mph over, sometimes even 10. It is very rare that I hear of someone that gets a ticket for less than 6 mph over the limit

Comment

Depending who catches you, a lot of policemen I know will let people off unless they are doing 7km/h+ over the limit. Unless you get caught by a camera. Nothing can stop that. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X