No announcement yet.

Car advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont want to sound like an idiot but what is a rego? never heard that here in the states

Comment

lol, Car Registration :D

Comment

oh ok, now I do feel like an idiot

Comment

I did not now it too!

Comment

Well MySTiCuSS - you learn something new every day - now you know! :thumb:
            What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Ok, now I happen to know alot 'bout cars, and DON'T buy a corrola, I have just sold my '83 Pulsar GX and brought my mum's '87 CSX corrola, it's heavy as all hell for front wheel drive and quite often unstable, they are reliable yes, parts can be very dear though, and the bodies apper to be good but every thing is fixed onto thing metal.

The only reason I chose it over my pulsar was it's K's it had only done 83,000 Km's when I got it with condition to match, and thats not a typo + i only paid $2600 AU for it.

Also my pulsar was in a string of 3 accidents leading up to it's sale but in it's prime it was the better car.

Comment

errrr...........I don't really know what you are going on about.......Corollas are great cars...

Heavy on the steering!!???....are you really that weak?

And what do you mean 'heavy for a front wheel drive"....NON power steering FWDS are heavyer than a RWD.....

Unstable?.....I have driven many a corolla and they stick to the road like glue...

Damn reliable beasts...
                ....expensive parts?...not compared to cars like Mazda and Honda....reasonable price IMO :)
                Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Comment

When I say heavy i mean both heavy in the stearing (and i'm not weak) in comparison to other cars, and also in the body, in other words it's not as manovarable as other cars in its class.
                  The twincam's in '86 & '87 were great becaause they were the sports models, any older than '86 are just to old and are crap compared to the equivalent pulsar, and any newer ones cost a mint for what they are, and unless they are a sports model their an old ladies car.
                  To an untrained eye the body looks sturdy and well built, but when you look harder every thing is fixed on to thin metal, which is not very good when somthing breaks (like the crapy boots which they are still using.)
                  Yes they are reliable, that is one of the contributing factors of me buying mine, and SOME of the parts are cheaper than honda and mazda parts, but look at the makes you are comparing it to, honda's are some of the best tuned cars around, and mazda sometimes uses different motor desings than others (rotory) which in both cases pushes the price up.
                  My old Pulsar a FWD, was light on steering & good manovarablaty, ran on ULP, heald stable at speeds over 160 km/h, and had cheep parts + easy to repare.
                  Once I have built up some cash there will be a nice '87 Corolla CSX on the market if any one wants a good car for there granny, you want a Toyota sports car buy a Supra.

Comment

Originally posted by SegiY
                    When I say heavy i mean both heavy in the stearing (and i'm not weak) in comparison to other cars, and also in the body, in other words it's not as manovarable as other cars in its class.
                    The twincam's in '86 & '87 were great becaause they were the sports models, any older than '86 are just to old and are crap compared to the equivalent pulsar, and any newer ones cost a mint for what they are, and unless they are a sports model their an old ladies car.
                    To an untrained eye the body looks sturdy and well built, but when you look harder every thing is fixed on to thin metal, which is not very good when somthing breaks (like the crapy boots which they are still using.)
                    Yes they are reliable, that is one of the contributing factors of me buying mine, and SOME of the parts are cheaper than honda and mazda parts, but look at the makes you are comparing it to, honda's are some of the best tuned cars around, and mazda sometimes uses different motor desings than others (rotory) which in both cases pushes the price up.
                    My old Pulsar a FWD, was light on steering & good manovarablaty, ran on ULP, heald stable at speeds over 160 km/h, and had cheep parts + easy to repare.
                    Once I have built up some cash there will be a nice '87 Corolla CSX on the market if any one wants a good car for there granny, you want a Toyota sports car buy a Supra.

I wouldn't say they are made of crap materials....I have an 85' Corolla S that mum uses, has over 330,000kms on it, blows no smoke, runs damn well, no rust at all, definantly not heavy on steering and runs on ULP. Any true mechanic will recommend a Corolla over a Pulsar, I have driven many a Pulsar of that age, and they are crap compared to the Corollas. Corollas last, Pulsars don't last as well as Corollas do :p
                    Quick!!….Pack your bags!!…

The Elephants are coming!!…

Comment

my corolla is kinda f*cked ATM.

i accidently went 1-2-3-2
                      i was totally reving 3rd up a hill then accidently got distracted and slipped her back to second. lotsa bad noises and i quickly put her back to 3rd. now i rev her and like 3secs later it responds in a very screwed up noise. i have basically 0 power as well, i had to rev the crap out of it at skool to try and get out of my park.

not good :(
                      looks like another service :mad:
                      TT Original

Comment

Sounds like,
                        a/ - ya popped or bent a valve
                        b/ - holed a piston
                        c/ - both
                        d/ - something else major
                        none are very good, so don't do it again. ;)

Comment

yeah
                          i'm taking it in 2morrow
                          TT Original

Comment

<center><Small>*sighs then laughs* well when i turn 18 my daddy is buying me an Astra [please god an ASTRA CONVERTABLE] so i don't have to worry bout that.. </center></small>

Comment

yeah i get a better car at the end of the year
                              yes a CAR, not a COROLLA!
                              i need to drive from Uni to my house so the corolla wont cut it
                              TT Original

Comment

<centeR><Small>*sigh* we don't want u to leave and go to uni *coff* lol... nar.. i still got 3 years left til i go to uni, i can't believe u are like 2 years older than me :( </center></small><center>p.s if u haven't noticed, i am daddy's little angel !! </center>

Comment

Working...
                                X