No announcement yet.

The World's Paradox (Role-Play)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Oh, what have I done?" ....He raised one eyebrow behind his glasses and looked down, why on earth would a human pick someone such as me to rest their tears on? He brought one hand to his front and hesitantly but softly patted her on the back....

Deciding it was best to act dumb on the subject he lowered the tone of his voice and purred over her, "I have no idea what you have done young miss or for that matter what problems you may be encompassing, but if you have any problems I could help you with, feel free to ask?" She looked up into the glasses that he wore, he nudged them forward with his free hand and winked down at her with a fleeting smile....

:smokin:

Comment

Waking up from his drunkened sleep in "The Mountain King" Ham sat up and looked around at his surroundings, the atmosphere reeled heavily from the attempted assassination, 'King', the bartender greeted Ham with a warm glass of sobering goats' milk.

"Ham, someone tried to kill you, I don't think this should be taken lightly, the mage's weapon has his coat of arms on it, perhaps it could help you find some answers?"
      Ham looked up and smiled, "King, my friend, last night you served me a hundred shots of 'the hard stuff', I am hung over and smelly, can't we talk about this in say, five hours time?"
      "HAM! YOU SMELLY IDIOT! HIT THE STREETS RIGHT NOW! OR ELSE I'LL KILL YOU!" Came the reply followed by the would-be assassin's flanged mage being thrown into Ham's lap. It hurt.

So Ham hit the streets looking for answers, he wasn't happy about it, a chef of his calibur should not have degraded himself to regular legwork. It wasn't long until he stumbled upon conflict, a battle was happening at the moment, a melee consisting of ugly looking people, or at least he thought so, he had seen some of these people in the underground before, the perfect group to start asking questions.
      So with a mighty yell, Ham held up and revealed the coat of arms on the weapon, "STOP!" the combatants turned to look, "WHOSE IS THIS?".
      Ham eagerly awaited an answer.

ooc: The group of combatants are the aggressive characters currently trying to kill each other.

Comment

ooc: Fall to pieces??? WHAT THE HELL??? I think I'm lost =P

Comment

"SPOON!" somebody yelled, Malakai turned to see a strange being throwing himself into the waining brawl. He was about to rejoin the fight (but carefully avoided the skeleton) when someone yelled "WHOSE IS THIS". Turning, he saw Ham standing near the edge of the battle wearing a pink? cloak similar to the dead clown nearby. Ham was groggily gesturing to a coat of arms on the sleeve of a shirt he was carrying.

Seeing as the elf hadn't done anything Malakai decided to let Balshazar get some exercise. Balshazar was energetic after being kept in his canister for several hours and immediatly ran towards Ham, Malakai didn't think that this was such a good idea. Balshazar began to climb up Ham's leg, Ham didn't notice until he felt a tickling sensation on his knee. SPLAT!

Malakai then said the more words than he had said for years, "you killed Balshazar!!" Malakai was mortified, nobody even looked funny at Balashazar without getting their faces rearranged and now Ham had killed him. Malakai withdrew his remaining sword and a dagger, then he charged directly at Ham. At the last moment he sheathed his weapons, decidng that Ham made too good a sushi to be dismembered and continued his charge, ready to throttle Ham's scrawny neck.

Comment

Comment

ooc: I'll have you guys know that was SAD =P How the hell am I gonna make my character destroyable if NOW I have to make him put himself back together again? I'm blaming you Mel... :D

ic: Nothingness ....Araduun's mind wondered whether the terrible machinations that bound him had failed at last, freeing his body and mind, releasing him...but no, he still felt the presence of the world around him. His body wasnt' destroyed, just...confused as to its present form. All he could feel was the dislocation with reality, and a strange voice uttering some madness about fish of all things...Araduun hadn't had anything to do with fish in YEARS. He focused, and felt the shifting parts of his mutilated form rearranging, an unnatural wind whipping over the enchanted armour, forming it into a tall cadavre of deep black plate.
              The decaying bones lay where they had fallen, pulled apart as they had been when the singularly odd thief had damaged their fragile magical bonds. The flames burning in the skull flickered and died, the yellowed remains faltering in their vague pull towards each other. They seemed to fade away before the eyes, melting into the soil, as a figure more disturbing than before rose above - an empty shell of armour. A helm now floated above the shoulders of the suit, a terrifying visage sculpted upon it. Araduun's thoughts burst into emotion. He hadn't felt so good since he was last alive...and look! NO BODY!!

Scooping up his sword he ignored what pathetic fools were left in the mess and swept towards the nearby bar, following the traces of the mad stranger.
              He had an answer about the FISH....

Comment

Ham looked on as a blatantly unattractive combatant charged towards him, Ham was confused was this man friend or foe? "Who would be cruel enough to assault a drunken chef?" he thought, and decided this man was friend and was charging in order to give hugs.

"He won't hug me before I hug him" Ham said, launching into a fierce charge of his own, the two were meters apart before Ham phased out and reappeared behind the man and gave him a tight bear hug "hello friend!"
                The man struggled and cursed Ham, at one point he called Ham a stupid ugly *******. Ham realised this man was not friend at all.
                Ham sequentially released the man and ran and jumped onto the roof of a nearby building and yelled again; "WHOSE IS THIS!" holding the coat of arms high into the air. After a few seconds of silence, Ham threw up onto the street below, now he was feeling very sober.

Comment

ooc: I believe the correct spelling is "cadaver" :p Can't blame me, I'm being serious. :snip: to you all *evil look*

Adele in her sorry state straightened herself out to look into her victims face. It wasn't quite as she expected though he took an obvious keen interest in her. He looked out to her peering over his glasses winking flirtatiously.

Her eyes hardened staring into his, "You shouldn't take advantage of my feelings. My home has been destroyed and I am left with nothing...even my... I need to search for something. Before it was destroyed did you see anything?"

The look the half-orc, heavily disguised, gave her was foolishly over-acted as ignorance.

"...I suppose you do know what happened. I might be naive, but I am observant and I know bad acting when I see it. In fact, did you happen to see a book, it's very dear to my heart. I would be broken to see it taken or repossessed from me. It is the only thing I have left of home." She said pleading him.

Her look became crestfallen and she sobbed a little more. Holding the dumbfounded young man in the midst of the chaotic rage.

Comment

ooc: hey I removed Araduuns Femur!! you know the thigh bone! and a couple of ribs how did you manage to collapse him from that????

Ic: Zanath wasint enjoying himself anymore, his charge into combat and the sudden reanimation of an empty suit of armour had scattered the remaining bandits into the alleys of the town.
                    He kicked halfheartedly at an unconcious fighter at his feet then looked up as someone yelled "WHOOSE IS THIS" from the top of a roof, hey it was that crazy chef and he was holding up what looked like a Molochean hand coat of arms.
                    Zanath wasint sure but he thought those guys owed him money... or was it they had a contract out on his life. He couldint remember exactly but it was bound to be interesting either way, so he wandered over and yelled "ITS THEIRS" and pointed at the forboding tower over on the other side of town.
                    Its sides enrusted with gargoyels and gothic arches it was as good a place as any to find the Hand, although come to think of it you might just as easily find hordes of the undead or bunny rabbits- Zanath had heard they liked to hide out in forboding towers to.

Comment

ooc: Don't argue, everyone knows its just a habbit that Skeletons have, this collapsing and falling apart business. After all who really understands what goes on inside a skeletons head.

BTW please remember i'm gone until wednesday, hense the nice cup of cold water.

Comment

"Don't think yourself so highly little miss, look around you, do you think you are the only one that has suffered here today?" Ogiratem knelt down and picked up the corpse of a clown....a plastic fork sticking from the back of his neck, a smile hauntingly painted onto his face, Ogiratem held the body up to the tear stricken girl, "What do you think HE is feeling right now? How do you think his family will feel when THEY find out....be happy that you have lost no-one close to you in this little bout, material things can be re-built, lost items can be found. Secondly my little friend, don't look at me in such a way, that wink meant nothing....merely an act of friendship, don't take this the wrong way, but i have no interest in you." Ogiratem spat the truth out bluntly, he bowed his head to the girl, "But as i said, i will assist you in anyway i can for the moment all you need do is merely ask....a book you say? I may have, give me a breif description of this book and i'll see what i can do."

Ogiratem took a quick glance, hiding behind his glasses, off to the side, good....the boy was out of sight, hopefully he stayed there, the book and its REAL owner mustn't come back into contact!

Comment

Adele had a sudden urge to slap the man, however she refrained to keep her dignity. She eyes him suspiciously wonder why he tensed up at the mention of the book.

"...I know you have it. Just to let you know, you can't use it, you are incapable of it as it is only the pure of heart and spirit who can." She told him philosphically.

"It is the history of my people. And it is my life. People around here don't own anything like that, nor do they expect to live the week out, don't you dare tell me what it is be selfish. I have developed it from living her. I have seen it stare me an inch from my face." A sharp dagger whipped out in front of the young man's throat, the point lingering blood-lustily at the delicate flesh.

"So, Mr. Secretive, it'd be best to return it before it dismantles you, better you then I, I always say. No one ever says 'no' to Adele O'Darian, unless you feel like dying...would you like that, sweetie or should I just play nice and let you kill yourself?"

When he didn't respond she looked up at him with bright, sparkling eyes hinted with inner strength. "Suit yourself, honey, don't say I didn't warn you." She stalked off almost disappointed, but laughed happily, but not before winking back at him.

Comment

Ham looked downward to see a strange monkey-man thing, was it Fred? Not sure - still a bit drunk I guess.
                            Sure enough, he was pointing towards a funky looking tower, "IT'S THERE'S!" he said.
                            Ham suddenly felt as if a cloud had been parted over his thoughts, for the information he'd just been given he felt as if he could never thank this man enough, so naturally - he didn't. However, out of a mixture of both grattitude and possibly kindness, Ham didn't have the heart to tell the man he was standing in a pool of vomit.

He simply head off to see his old friend, barkeep of "The Mountain King" to ask what he should do next, swiftly and surely, Ham jumped away leaving the monkeyman with three final words, 'Eat Friendly Jack's'.

ooc: Should we all agree that the only bar in the vicinity is "The Mountain King"?

Comment

From all the mere excitment of this story, in only a second, every player halted on the scene.
                              slowly infront of them they percieved a figure slowly rising in the distant...
                              The sun had sunk into the stretch of mountains, their peaks no longer glowed with tints of red. No stars could be seen amongst the heavy viel of grey clouds.
                              All ambience faded...
                              The ominious figure continued to approach steadily, a dark shape against the shadows of the far off mountains.
                              Six heads were turned towards him, a manley figure clad in a long black cloak ever approaching. His hair was dark and long and they watched it glitter under the night sky, it floats freely in the breeze though as if by some scorcery they could feel no wind.
                              The man stopped at some distance, standing still, facing the six. All was silent...

Comment

The knife was dragged away....Ogiratem nodded slightly and slid his blade back up his sleeve, foolish girl, he watched her turn and start to walk off, she turned and winked at him. Ha! The cheek of her! After spouting such abuses she turns and winks! Orgiatem sighed and shook his head, he coughed and raised an arm to the girl, "The book of Brigusitine, family heirloom of the..." Ogiratem removed the crumpled piece of paper again, "O'Darian family, it has been with the family for at least 300 years now........it was written by one of your ancestors was it not? From what it says here..." A hurried finger was running its way over the page , "You are quite adept at using this book aren't you?"

Without a second glance Origatem turned and started walking off into the crowd, he soon found the boy being confronted by an overly large attacker... without a second thought he pressed a small button on his forearm and a blade threw itself into his palm, he stepped behind the burly attacker and drew the knife in a fluid movement across the attackers neck, he fell with a groan on the ground beside the boy, Origatem knelt down and grabbed the now screaming boy by the top of the head and picked him off the ground, carrying him back to the girl.

He placed him on the ground the book still held firmly between the boys hands as if it were a part of his body...Origatem pointed one large finger at the panicing boy, "Can you fix the problem? The book seems to have gotten 'stuck' to him...."

:smokin:

Comment

Working...
                                X