No announcement yet.

The World's Paradox (Role-Play)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zanath woke to find his stomach in blinding agony and a strange man putting a collar round his neck, a common stuation for him groaning he ignored the man for the moment and reached into his multidimesional pouch for something to quell his stoamch, and pulled out a rather long peice of twine. 'figures' he thought 'bloody perverse thing never gives me anything i want'.
    He was about to try again when his stomach suddenly spasimed and he vomited. right on hams foot. feeling much better Zanath decided to deal with the other problem.
    As ham was distracted by the vomit Zanath used a neat hand trick to flick the leash off his neck and around hams arm. he then flicked the twine around his legs and before Ham could react he was upside down hanging from the sushi resturant sign.
    wiping his hands and grining up at the astonished chef Zanath walked off. and tripped over the twine that had ended up attached to his foot.
    swearing profusely and even making the tied up ham blush Zanath reached into his pouch and drew out a feather, 2 peices of cake (which he ate) and a small stone. tickling ham with the feather to pass the time he said "blugger this" and cast a spell.
    The spell proceeded to set fire to the twine and freed Zanath, but it also freed ham who amdist the smouldering remains of his bonds seemed mightily pissed and his eyes were starting to turn red.
    Zanath smiled at him, kicked him in the groin and ran for the city gates, and into the crowd gathered around there.

Comment

Malakai awoke suddenly to the sound of the city gates collapsing. He looked out his window and saw a rag-tag horde of bandits storming in through the breech. Some people never learned, he would have to teach these bandits the same hard lesson he taught the previous horde.

Fastening his swords and daggers to his back he set out at a run towards the south gate. He gasped as he rounded a corner to see the total devestation before him, someone or something had completely destroyed the gates and the poorly trained nd outnumbered guards were being slaughtered to a man. Malakai unsheathed his swords and roared with anger, they were destroying his favourite city gates.

Malakai started to run, building up speed and hitting the mob at a dead run. The first four to die never even saw what hit them, Malakai kept pushing forwards, giving them no quarter until he stood at the heart of the mob throwing the scum through the air like rag dolls.

Then a shadow fell upon him, he looked up, into the expressionless face of an undead warrior. He raised his sword to parry a mighty swing from the undead warriors huge sword, his sword shattered and his entire arm went numb. He fell to the ground and desperatley comcentrated on the forces of nature around him. Roots burst from the ground and ensnared the undeads feet, disrupting its sword swing just enough for him to roll out of the way.

Then, out of the tumultous maelstrom he heard a voice, it sounded like no more than a child "Don't flinch, the blade WILL hurt you. Who the hell ARE you?", he twisted to see a girl with blue? hair standing behind the necromantic abomination holding a knife to its back.

ooc: um, how the hell can you hurt an 8-foot tall undead zombie with a dagger?

Comment

OOC: zombie? ZOMBIE??!!??? I'll have you know I'm a SKELETON!!!!!! =P

Death lingered in the streets. Fallen raiders, villagers and the incompetently brave lay wounded or dying, victims of the swirling melee that centred around Araduun's mighty form. What once was a formidable barricade lay toppled behind him, opening the town for any who seized the oppurtunity and unleashing a horde that, though pitiful, wasted no time in battle. The latest heroic brave had thrown himself upon Araduun's sword arm, underestimating the power within it and now lay prone on the ground. Yet despite the battle erupting around him, and the villagers' fruitless attempts at assaulting the gothic figure, Araduun stood frozen in place. The naive child's voice hung in the air behind him, oddly out of place in such chaos.

He began to chuckle to himself, his armoured body shuddering with the deathly rumblings, startling the girl behind him. Araduun spun, the cloak whirling past his shoulder, revealing the deep, glossy black of his plate. In an instant the blue-haired girl had drove her dagger home, flicking out another and twirling it between the joins in the armour. With a clang the dagger disappeared, meeting no flesh as it penetrated. Heavy gauntlets grasped her arms, an iron grip clutching her against the dead creature's breastplate. Gasping, she flicked her head back, gazing into the darkness of a cowled hood, which was flung back with a sharp movement from her captor. The girl's face froze, a mask of terror and disbelief.

Pinpoints of light danced like flames in the depths of a skull's hollow eyes, bared and aged teeth grinning the smile of death back at it's captive. In a grating voice, Araduun replied to her abruptly cut off sentence: "no, I don't believe they will.....". To her credit, Araduun's prisoner regained her composure quickly.
        "But you still haven't answered my question!" she retorted.
        "If it means anything to you, I am Araduun, and threats have little hold over me. I go where I will, and do what I please, the details being no business of the likes of you."
        In a flash he slid his arm around her neck, and continued: "But now it's your turn....."

Comment

Adele smiled smugly.

"Oh, Araduun, darling, I had no idea you liked to get intimate on the first meeting..." She said managing to escape his breath-depriving, tight-fisted grasp. She gave him a mock look of longing staring into his black hood, then laughed joyfully as he stood back.

"Well, I see you aren't one for feeling emotion." She said linking arms with him. "I see you're awfully strong. Make sense as to how you could open the gates. It's never been opened for a couple of centuries according to history, after the war and all. But I shouldn't know anything about that."

She loosened the grip on his arm and smiled broadly as she watched him relaxed and sigh with relief.

"What I wanted to know is why are you here...and what are you, to correct myself, you must be the ugliest thing I've seen come in. Even FROM the outer ranges of the Blacklands and beyond. Because I am a gutsy woman, Araduun, I prefer for myself to ask questions first, then it's your turn...see where I'm coming from now?"

She looked at him earnestly, she wished she had an indication of what he was feeling, it was hard to tell considering he shared no expression whatsoever even more so by the fruitless sound of his voice.

ooc: Waaaah! Peach! My character is 25, how can she sound like a child. I will dare to make a confrontation next time...again, because Adele has no idea who Araduun is, or WHAT he is, she would do the same regardless. It's just obvious here that she doesn't realise that he's undead, hence, she has asked. And who can tell what someone is if they attack from the back, especially with a dark hood (ugly dead guy's cliché) *scoffs* (What did you do to the bar/inn? ...I think. I was rather lenient on the rules after all. *goes off to her site*)

Edit: Because Sean is fussy...*whacks him*:hammer:

Comment

Ham was rather bemused by what had happened,.. "Wow, I've heard that monkeys are cheeky... But it's rather amusing how they don't know quintessons have no genitals..."

Seshi was setting up tables when he heard Ham begin sobbing.
            "Master, what happened?"
            "Fred ran away" he replied,
            "phew, at least that saves me embarrassment"
            "NONSENSE SESHI! We must find him at once! The poor thing probably wouldn't survive a day in this town!"
            Seshi looked at ham sideways, amused yet bemused yet annoyed. "Okay, I give, i'll watch the store while you 'find Fred'"
            hearing this, Ham quickly shadow-walked around the entire town, it took him exactly six minutes, "I can't find Fred" said Ham.

Just then, the replacement chef arrived to work his shift. Seshi went home, Ham decided to wander the streets.

Ham went to 'The Mountain King' an upbeat open-all-night bar downtown full of interesting critters. "I'll have six shots of the hard stuff bartender!" Ham said, bursting through the door,
            "ahh, Mister Ham. The hard stuff eh? what's the special occasion?"
            "I'm sad" Ham replied, "My monkey ran away"
            "Oh really? When I was seven, my monkey ran away, his name was Timmy... He liked peanuts, oh god did he love peanuts, he would just sit on my lap all day eating peanuts and when he wanted to poop he would tug on my moustache and I would take him outside and he would poop in our neighbour's winemaking tub, which was rather funny becaus-.... ... ... So,... the hard stuff is it?"
            Ham sat there confused... How could a seven year old have a moustache?

Ham drank all night, six shots became twelve, twelve shots became ninety-nine, hard stuff became 'harder stuff' basically Ham was really drunk.
            "Damn mister, if you weren't an engineered quintesson you'd be dead" said a young mage sitting beside him.
            Ham smiled and began to slur, "How dho yohu know i'm an engineered quintesshon?"
            "Because I was hired to kill you!" said the mage as he erupted into a deadly stream of fire, aimed directly at Ham's head,
            "Um,.. Friehnd, you dho know magic doesn't hurt quintesshons don't you? Cllaassic rookiee mishhhhtaekk"
            "Really?" inquired the assassin, "maybe this will be more effective" said he as he pulled out a flanged mace, double-headed and painted with the assassin's coat of arms,
            "Oh no you don't!" Screamed the bartender as he smashed a chair on the mage's head, knocking him unconscious,
            "Thanksh mannnn" said ham, right before falling into a liquor drunkened sleep.

ooc: please don't take advantage of me while i'm

Comment

ooc: ...okay, well since no one really regards what I say in an email, since NO ONE seems to get them. Then I will lay two rules here. Um, taken directly from bakaneko, credits to Psi :) since he wrote them.

Spamming a thread: Any and all role-playing not in context, often taking place between only two members, and which ignores the original storyline. Usually this happens when the GC has abandoned the RP, or due to the great amount of off story posting/force-posting by a few characters, the RP itself is damaged beyond redemption.

Force-posting: Perhaps one of the most annoying traits in a player, force-posting happens when one person posts actions for another player's character, or alters the storyline in a way to best suit their needs, with little or no regard to the GC's instructions. Such offences may result in a warning from a moderator, and in extreme cases, expulsion from a RP or even the forum.

(Okay, *****ing start)
              GC is game creator I'm assuming, no mods, but...well I guess I'm pretty much the mod and the game creator. Just to let you know. I feel this sushi bar thing is leaning toward thread spamming, only because it has no body or flavour to the storyline, apart from the fact that the chef is an erratic fool that attacks with a plastic fork, has a reluctant sidekick and is trying to take possession of other players.

Of course, open violence:

Originally posted by Wildwind
              Zanath smiled at him, kicked him in the groin and ran for the city gates, and into the crowd gathered around there.
              Should be expected when someone force posts. Force posting in my opinion isn't bad, but some people just get niggly about it and THAT annoys me. So, I just try to avoid it any way I can. Force posting usually only gets worse in time and leads to disgruntled members and uncommited players. Just be careful as it's getting a rough feel. I wont point players out directly, but well, you can understand where I'm coming from when you suddenly find yourself in a situation where you can't help but feel defeated as other players do things you don't approve of. Be watchful in the future.

One last thing. Details are important, if needs be I will make important things in bold to avoid confusion, to help, write so that you show not tell what it happening. Better results come from more descripitive writing, like a novel.

I am being restrictive now as I realise that being so lenient in my judgments has caused players to take advantage of me, despite warnings. Sorry for being long winded, but I need fair play, not a read where amusement ails me. Carry on, anything that troubles you or something you don't really agree with here, private message me instead of posting it here.
              (*****ing over, carry on...)

Comment

Giladril approached the gates and noticed someone had been kind enough to open them. Those gates had brought back memories, he could remember being here before, 150 years or so ago, he had had to open the gates himself on that occasion on his way out of the city. The hinges had seemed quite rusted up back then and had required quite an effort, and then there was that army that had flooded in passed him… ahh the memories.
                As he stepped over a scattering of bodies inside the entrance he surveyed the town. The well built but heavily weathered houses, the scattered remains of an inn with an ork standing in the middle of it, a dead clown lying face down in a pool of blood with a fork protruding from his… rear… and a strange looking zombie standing arguing with a small blue haired girl. This might be quite a good place to rest for a while.
                Deciding that the zombie and the girl held the most interest Giladril positioned himself for a good view, sitting a couple of meters away on a convenient body of plate armour.
                As he studied the zombie close he noticed something… the elves blood began to boil, it wasn’t a zombie! It was a Skeleton!! Whats more a skeleton that looked like a zombie!!! Giladril hated skeletons with a vengeance, he considered destroying the thing right here and now, he had no doubt that his sword point could pick apart every contaminated bone in that decadent body before the owner felt a thing (from experience of no skeleton ever complaining). No he knew better ways of bringing agony to these filthy skeletons.
                So Giladril sat and stared at the thing.

Comment

Chasing after the large man, "Walk?!! walk to where? and LONG... i don't like the sounds of that" Bhren catching up to the mammoth, starts to tug on his clothes. "So where are we going, huh?" Continuing to walk, Ogiratem glanced down at the boy and in his silence continued to walk. Not getting the answers he wanted, Bhren stopped in a huff. "Come on, tell me where we're GOing!!"

At the end of his sentence, in a cross alley he saw a small creature in the distance. Squinting, trying to improve his focus Bhren finally made out the figure. THE IMP.

"YOU *******!!!" Bhren yelling at the top of his lungs. The imp going through his personal affects looks up to see Bhren running full steam right at him. Gathering up his stuff quickly into his sack, the Imp looks left then right in a panic. Bhren blocking off his only escape, the imp had no choice but to run straight back at him. The imp in a flurry closed his eyes just before his impact with Bhren. **KKRRRAAAAAAAKKKKKK**

Bhren with an almight kick, punted the imp across the alley floor. The imp totally stunned and barely conscious tried to get on his feet. Bhren still in a rage ran up to the imp and proceeded to beat him down with the very book the imp had essentially cursed him with. Suddenly Bhren felt a massive hand pick him off the ground by his shirt. "I don't want you hurting that book" says Ogiratem in a gruff voice.

"NOOO... put me down, PUT ME DOWN!!!!"
                  The imp gathering himself up, managed to run off with wobbly legs and most of his possessions.
                  "Damn it monster, let me GO!!!"

Comment

dodging throught the fighting bandits and corpses of the city gaurd Zanath peaked backwards trying to see if that weirdo chef was following him. And cannoned into a large cloacked figure and a small girl knoking them all to the ground.
                    "oh sorry sir/ madam" he said in a recalitrant tone as he leaped nimbily back to his feet and began to help the big guy in the cloak back up, " wow you know youre really thin sir, you should probably eat more, I know this great sushi place just up the street but the chefs a little crazy and theres this great inn over there" he gestured to the now vacant site of the inn.
                    Zanath kept nattering on as Araduun stood up and glared at him as zanath patted him down and brushed the dust off his cloak "well sir i think your OK so if youll make nothing of this little incident Ill just be on my way" and before anybody could repy he slipped off into the crowd.
                    looking down at his hands Zanath swore, the guy hadint had much to pickpoket and what he had wasint worth much. Zanath had only gotten a human femur and some ribs, he already had plenty of those and didint need more.
                    standing up on a nearby body he heaved the bones into the air in the vauge direction of the cowled man and dissapeared into the crowd.

Comment

ooc: ok, im sorry mel for saying that your character sounded like a child, malakai hasn't exactly had much contact with children, so he wouldn't really know one if he heard them. Secondly (sigh) Sean, i just figured that since your character was undead that he was a zombie (too many horror movies).

ic: Malakai rolled to the side and hid beneath a corpse while the blue haired woman TALKED!?! to the undead thing. Malakai hadn't heard anyone so eager to talk with the dead for a long time. Slowly picking himself up and punching one bandits, who went down and wisely stayed down, he cautiously stepped away from the armored SKELETON and faded into the shadows.

Malakai turned and headed for a nearby alley, when he noticed a strange figure sitting on a pile of armor. The new comer was tall and stared intently at the the woman and skeleton, his hand resting on his sword.

Realising that he had no chance of beating the undead fiend alone, Malakai decided to wait and see if the elf would do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Holliss The well built but heavily weathered houses, the scattered remains of an inn with an ork standing in the middle of it, a dead clown lying face down in a pool of blood with a fork protruding from his… rear… and a strange looking zombie standing arguing with a small blue haired girl.
                        I literally laughed my tooshie off when I read that, good one :P

Comment

How quickly the world changed.....what a few moments ago had been a chaotic, yet well-meaning brawl had become a confused mess. In the background the fighting still raged on, although what hope the pitiful guard had of resisting such numbers was unimaginable to the skeletal figure who rose back to his towering height, somewhat bemused by the antics of the babbling fool a few moments earlier. His cloak, now soiled and torn, hung limply from his shoulders, no longer draped across his carapace. With the hood flung back it was easy to make out his features, the sun casting shadows from a bony brow and glistening from the hardened edges. But the deep black of the armour attracted all attention from a viewer, that inky nothingness that absorbed the vision and swam in front of the eyes. The wearer of this mystical plate stood still, unmoving as he contemplated the sights around him.....in the periphery of his un-seeing sight he made out the crawling figure of the would-be hero who had challenged him before with such immediate consequences...........whatever the incompetent fool that had tackled him before was, it had disappeared......and there, still waiting and watching with an eerie interest was the unusual, blue-haired girl.

Araduun studied her closer, noting the surreal nature of the flowing locks, blue as the ocean's depths - the deep brown eyes and thin, yet not emaciated features of her face. Yes, she might be considered beautiful, but such discernment had long since faded from the dead man's mind. He felt a faint amusement at her naive behaviour, for the unliving feel little, but she had peaked his curiousity, at least for the moment. Leaning his sword on its point, and mainting viligance on the conflict around him, he uttered one of the longest phrases he had in decades:
                          "My appearance should tell you what there is to know about me: I once lived, like you do, as a human..."
                          His tone grew sharp "but that was long ago. I am DEAD, bound to these bones and this armour, my soul torn, and now belongs to another. I come and go where I will, following fortune, whim or death....for I have much to give back..."
                          Deep in his empty sockets, flames of vengeance flared, then died, shadowed over again with desolation. The massive shoulders sagged, hunching his figure and shadowing his intent listener. Looking at the now rampant devastation that had beseiged the town, he continued, his voice coming out quieter and less fierce than before - "but I tire of this fight, pointless as it is...there is nothing left here but blood and death, of which I have had my share."
                          Amongst the destruction he caught sight of a tall, lordly figure, plae and thin yet strong, seated atop a fallen being. Its expression was creased with anger, hatred...but the elf had yet to make a move. Araduun, for his part, had lost all interest in conflict, and the great sword lay dormant in his mighty fist. He swiveled his skull back to fix upon the petite figure before him as he said "but I have talked too long already....now I believe you have your own explanation to give..."

Comment

ooc : not sure i explained it correctly but the femur and ribs that Zanath grabbed were Araduuns actual femur and ribs so they are now lying on the ground and araduun should have some problems standing up

ic : after a short sprint away from the scean of the crime Zanath stopped. and looked around. and finally noticed he was missing out on a perfectly good battle. so reaching into his pouch, which cooperated for once and gave him a short sword and a rather nasty dagger.
                            Then with a loud battlecry of "SPOON" he lept onto the nearest fighter.

Comment

The young man quickly ran after Ogiratem, panting as he came, "Walk?!! walk to where? and LONG... i don't like the sounds of that! So where are we going, huh? Come on, tell me where we're GOing!!", Ogiratem turned his head and looked down at the young human and was preparing an explanation when he noticed that he was staring off into the distance....somewhere up the alley in front of them, Ogiratem turned back and noticed a small imp that sat in the middle of the road not 30 metres away, it seemed to be fiddling with some kind of blade....strange, now what could this boy be so interested in a mindless imp for?

Ogiratem turned to ask but as he opened his mouth the young man ran off at full speed screaming profanities at the top of his lungs, Ogiratem clasped both hands behind his back and shook his head following the boy, as he followed his path around a corner he noticed the human raise the book in anger and start to beat the imp with it (in-between kicks of course), with a raised eye-brow Ogiratem extended one hand and placed it firmly on the boys shoulder lifting him like feather off the ground, "Please young master i advise you NOT to do that! I don't want you hurting that book young one...." Ogiratem recevied a mighty kick in the shins as he started to place the young mortal on the ground as he yelled and struggled, behind his glasses his eyes flinched slightly...."I understand that you OBVIOUSLY have some sort of grudge against this little being, but you mustn't use THAT book as a bludgen weapon sir, remember the inn?" Ogiratem waited for the hesitant nod that the boy gave and then lowered his glasses and looked down at him, "Well THAT was simply the merest of warm-ups of what this book can do, now unless you want to be nothing more then ****oroach food, i suggest not using that book as you did..."

Straightening his back and raising his hands to his chest he proceeded to pat around his body, checking all the inner pockets of his coat, and with a nod he reached in through his collar and withdrew a small dagger to his large hand and passed it down to the young boy who held it like the heaviest of swords in both hands with the book clasped tightly under one arm-pit, Ogiratem shook his head a faced forwards, "Keep that close! If you ever have any more problems....do NOT keep it anywhere near your skin and don't even ATTEMPT to touch the steel....this is a warning, it will slice the limp that you 'attempt' to touch it with clean off...." With that grim warning he suddenly started to stride off with a motion of his hand for his 'companion' to follow him.

As they neared the end of the alley-way they were walking on they seemed to come to an opening that led to the gates....well where they HAD stood at least....now all that remained was a large dust pile that circled the fallen gates in about a 25 metre diametre at all points, Ogiratem tipped his head in appreciation, that HAD to be the work of either quite strong explosives or one of those new tanks that all the armies seemed to be 'acquiring'...amazing pieces of machinery! Ogiratem prepared to step out when the sound of talking arose to his right, he held himself firm and took a quick look around the corner...he was taken aback by the amount of corpses that lay strewn on the ground....some wore ridiculous clothing of hopeless seem-work, but others were wearing plain securi-corp uniforms....strange clothing to be worn by those on a battle field.

His eyes continued over the field, lined on both sides by elegant (but 'worn' houses of this city), a battle like this in a civilian place, how appaling! On top of the mayhem, which was even worse was that certain people were STILL fighting! He shook his head as he looked around at the running and screaming innocent's, and burly fools with ridiculous weapons running after them with manic smiles, how pathetic! In the midst of the mayhem there seemed to be a small group that didn't appear to be interested in the fighting what-so-ever, a girl...looked in her early 20's and tall being, wearing....expensive armour stood proudly beside her, one of the people from the group ran off hurriedly into the crowd, a moments later a few objects fell from the sky and bounced along the ground, rebounding from the girl with astounding blue hair, legs.

Wait a moment! Blue hair? In Sudridge? He reached through a gap in his coat on his chest and pulled out a crumpled piece of paper, and with an astonished sound escaping his lips he looked back over to where the young girl stood, "I certainly am puzzled as to why Ms. O'Darian is standing in the middle of a fight having a leisurely chat whilst her very own establishment has fallen to ruin behind her! Let alone the fact that a family heirloome just walked out right under her nose....the mission DID mention she was careless, but i didn't think it would extend as far as this! Wow....how immature of our young maiden." Ogiratem shook his head and turned to raise a hand to his young follower, but to his dismay he wasn't there!

Ogiratem sighed loudly and looked around, his boredom quickly turning to horror when he noticed the boy wandering out past the building right into the melee...Ogiratem gritted his teeth and growled rushing out after him....

:smokin:

Comment

The words as she tried to speak them, died upon her lips before they made a sound. Adele was bemused at this apparent soul-less figure which stood proudly before her. His voice icy, yet unfeeling...reminiscent of the dark armour clad upon him. She spoke simply when she managed to find her voice.

"Araduun, like history; the soul is never completely buried. For it always exists...how is it that someone as 'dead' as you say can live? In a place like this no one cares who you are, or what you do. But you, yourself never forget, nor is it possible to lose the gift of being yourself. Besides, you're being so very vague it's hard for me to understand you." She answered with a pretty smile.

"What can I say for myself? Hah, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. I'm a hell of a lot older then you are. Though, I still live..." Adele trailed off softly and refused to say more implying it with a cold shoulder.

She shifted away from the shady visitor and thought quickly upon her feet to change the subject. "There is an ancient prophecy, are you aware of it?"

Her question was rather distractedly asked, watching yet another figure sit watching the pair from afar. Before she could turn around again, she witnessed Araduun's body fall to pieces on the ground. An unknown raider ran off with a few of his bones laughing hideously then a cry.

"SPOON!"

Adele raised an eyebrow with a sarcastic glare. "...the hell?!"

Her curiousity suddenly cut off as the conversation she had tumbled down. (pardon the pun) It was hard to see amongst the calamity of the streets. Perhaps catching her off-guard was that the inn/bar previously holding her heart and her possessions lying in a sorry heap with rising dust which dispersed itself openly as if to dance.

The sight tore at her heart, she remained frozen for only a moment. Anger welled deep within her, feeling the heat rise from her stomach she yelled out reaching for the nearest person. Adele collapsed weakly under her guilt and cried upon their shoulder, not attempting to supress her shattered heart.

"Oh, what have I done?"

ooc: Enter "The Creator..."

Comment

Working...
                                X