No announcement yet.

Beneath Burning Skies (RP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jhoira sat upright in her bed, still with her eyes closed. She moved her legs and arms around her and was surprised at the burdedned movement they had, and also at the cold cloth that landed in her lap. Opening her eyes, Jhoira was inside her apartment again. Looking around, she saw the window closed and a familiar face sitting on a chair by her bed. It was Andrea, cleaner than the last encounter but still in the tattered garments from earlier. She was sleeping, with her tall hat hung low over her eyes. Silently slipping out her bed, Jhoira quickly went to her cupboard and removed a fresh set of clothes for Andrea to wear. They weren't much, but they were still functionable. Walking over to her familiar table, she gathered up her satchel and pulled out the can of drink and the small cactus out of the bag she had put it in. Luckily, the soil was easily replaced back in the pot, and she proudly placed it in the center of her cluttered table.

Quickly thinking about the night's events, Jhoira quickly ran over to her bed and reached under for a robot motivator and another suit. This was the time for heavy weaponry and protection. She walked back to her table and pulled a small husk of what used to be an ancient, gas powered grenade launcher, a scavenged item found in an army surplus bin. This thing was much larger than other launchers of it's kind due to the cylinder loading system, but Jhoira had been working to turn it into a more useful weapon. She carefully attached the small motivator unit to the launcher's interior, and put it in such a way, that the motivator would efficiently power the small components that made up the shrap-gun. Carefully re-attaching the lid, Jhoira hefted the machine in two hands, loaded six prepared shells into the loading case and hopped out the window again. Gripping the handle that she had put back into place, she pulled the trigger. From the barrel, a large metal slug fired out and hit the opposite wall. As it connected, a small spray of sharpened tarydium filaments dug their way through the shell casing and several inches into the brick. It was a success! Quickly popping back into her apartment, Jhoira placed the gun on the table and turned her attention to her newly modified white suit.

"I knew it was a good idea to steal more than one suit!" she thought as she marvelled at the light weight, but highly durable suit. It was constructed of white mono-molecular plasteel stitches which afforded extreme flexibility and protective strength. Some molded iron plates that covered the joints, were actually quite comfortable, and the large medi-crate that was attached to the back would be very helpful. A bullet proofvest was stitched onto both the front and back, and matching white kevlar gloves and boots went well with the whole armoured theme. Picking up a similarly white security helmet, she checked to see if all the sensors worked and if she could still breathe. Everything checked out, and silently putting her helmet aside, Jhoira placed her left arm and began making some slight modifications to it.

While she worked, she noticed the brilliant, blue metal stick that Andrea had resting by her side. Taking a closer look, she inspected it's quality design, the nice, valuable looking green gem with golden band and the nice ring of feathers that were based on the shaft. Jhoira decided that a slight adjustment could be made to it's effectiveness. Gathering a small metal coil and two fusion cell batteries, she craftily placed it underneath the gem and hooked to wires to the halo. At once, the gem had small electrical veins running through it's translucent interior. Holding the staff in one hand, she lightly tapped it's end on a small steel plate that was left on the floor. The large electrical charge that surged onto the plate made it turn slightly red and singe the floor. Unhooking one of the wires, the emerald lost it's azure sheen and returned to it's unelectrified state. Putting back by Andrea's side, Jhoira returned to work on her 'sidearm'.

Comment

Andrea fell with a flop, only to connect with the hard ground instead of lying in nice, soft covers. "Oh, I feel like an anvil got dropped on my head..." She got up slowly and wiped the invisible dust on her clothing and placed her hat, which had fallen off and placed it back on her head. No matter how hard she tried, it still remained lopsided. She didn't seem to notice Jhoira, instead Andrea examined her staff. "...Hey, someone's touched my staff! I HATE it when people touch my stuff!" She took a closer look, there was no damage to it, when she held it, she felt more power surge within it. It felt warm to her touch, then suddenly cool again. It changed, rythmically, in waves. "How odd...wait, what's this!" Andrea squinted a little closer at the gem which sat on top. "...Hmm. Some crazy handi-work that is." She swung it high and low and tested it's new power. Under her breath she again called out a short incantation "Oh blessed light!" she released a spell to produce light. Not realising its new potential, a blinding light filled the room. Only a split second later Jhoira screamed.

"Oh, sorry darling, didn't realise my staffs power. What have you done to it? It's...great! Hmm...what do we have here?" The pretty mage curiously eyed the contents on the table. There sat many contraptions that she wouldn't dare to use, or touch. Not exactly delicate-looking, but difficult. But Andrea's eyes tended towards a strange looking arm type weapon. "Wow, you know I could really soop that up! You know, like 'Super Delicious Ultra Grand Punch!' " She smiled brightly. Jhoira looked at her with a confused emotion painted on her face. Andrea looked at Jhoira with her large sparkling brown eyes. "Hey, it was just an idea. What do you think? I could charge these up with the power of Heraldry! It's the least I can do for all your help."

Comment

Jhoira looked up at the grinning mage and then back at her arm. It was the same as it had always been, ever since she got it fitted. The solid gold replacement wasn't a usual substitute for her real arm, with it's clumsiness and lack of stealth. But it did however, include the benefits of extra holding room, better utility purposes and added strength which she wouldn't otherwise have. She thought back in the past when she gained this grim reminder of the troubles of thievery.

Just as she was starting out from those 3 years ago, she quickly gained some notoriety as being a daring and cunning cutpurse. Having stolen riches from beneath their owners noses, the authorities were understandably frustrated. Sending out their golden policenaughts, or the 'golden retreievers' for their golden carapace and their superior capture rate, they hoped to claim the young thief and put an end to her raids. They tracked her to an abandoned storage room, and in the ensueing battle, Jhoira put up a good fight, incapacitating several of the machines with her formerly signature daggers but in the end, when a sneaky plasma bolt from behind severed her left arm, Jhoira was overwhelmed. Fortunately for her, just as she was to be hauled off to a re-education camp, a mysterious maverick snuck in, lay waste to the rest of the robots and rescued Jhoira from the terrible fate that faced her. It was from this rogue gambit, that she learnt the secrets of mechanics, advanced thievery and artificing. She already had a natural affinity for gadgets and a good understanding of spy techniques, but equipped with this knowledge, she could better garner the wealth that life had previously denied her. Just before he mysteriously vanished, her benefactor fitted the golden, machine arm of the Policenaught that maimed her left arm, as a suitable replacement. It was an arm for an arm but he had previously made modifications to it, to make it into a worthy arm for a thief. Jhoira welcomed a replacement arm. Learning to be self-sufficient on one was ok, but having two is always better. On the year that she was left alone again in the world, Jhoira was left no clues as to her teacher's whereabouts. She shed a tear for the loss of her freind and mentor, but she was now a fully capable woman, more than able to take care of her self.

Thinking of the trials she had overcome with her 'golden touch', Jhoira knew that mere luck would not be able to defeat that demon weirdo. Raising her arm to the patient mage, she replied "I would be honoured to have your help." A wide smile beamed on her previously ghaunt face.

Comment

Andrea flicked a thick part of her lavender tresses, which obstructed her vision. Her look calm, but switched to serious concern with a few seconds. "Jhoira darling, are you okay, you're crying..." The mage took a small tissue box, removed two from the box with a swipe and handed them to Jhoira who wiped her eyes roughly. "Past memories, I'm guessing" Andrea asked, Jhoira nodding slowly in response. "Darling, there is no use brooding on the past, holding on to something we no longer have. We must move on, if we have to survive. I've learnt this from experience."

The pretty mage smiled back at Jhoira's previous comment being in the positive. There was a strange look in Jhoira's eyes, Andrea being frustated from not being able to pinpoint exactly what it was. She twisted her lip into a funny shape. "Well then, shall we carry on? Let me see. May I hold the arm?" The dark-haired, mecha-technician nodded, passing her the arm, surprisingly light weight. Andrea inspected it from all angles. "Queer...very queer indeed! I think I can do it. I can force a flow of Heraldic magic to flow through the system so that it is permanent, probably more then doubling your attack power. And...if, hmm, these strange chips, if you make it so that you can connect them to the arm, you can have an elemental attack, with other properties, such as freezing, burning, halting, poisoning, etc. It's all a fun business. I hope it works. I'm really excited!" Andrea jumped up happily hugging Jhoira tightly. "Are there any other advantages?" Jhoira asked. "Hmm...well I've never heard of it being done before, however, if my guess is correct, your new weapon will still be completely customisable, just almost quadruple the power!"

Comment

Malone continued his up ward float, the smile stuck on his face, he rose his head and looked at the disered window, and listened as there seemed to be company, Malone let out a long sigh, damn it! It all has to happen to me doesn't it! As his rise went on his form shimmered and then faded away, blending into the brick work of the building, floating up inside the masonary of the building, Malone went to the room of the mortal he was chasing, his head went through the wall, still invisible, ahhh yes it was the other one! The one with the funny mage's hat on, what a strange race they were, why they ever deserted the Daemon's back in the dark age still baffled him.

With a shrug he brought his head back out through the wall, and floated back out into the open, his body tilted and he drew his wings back around his shoulders, and his feet came into contact with the building, and as if it were a perfectly normal event he began walking as if it were normal ground, he scratched his chin, trying to think of the best way to do what he was planning, a full frontal attack wouldn't only be too easy, but just plainly would be fun!

Aha! Weakness is in the heart with mortals! Get to their feelings and they will fall! Malone reached within himself and tapped the power of his father, the changling fool that had somehow made his way to Pandemonium and met my mother, strange, he only seemed to stay there long enough to conceive me, and then deserted my mother, (although Malone always had a sneaking thought that his mother had killed him). As Malone kept on walking he went over the top of the building and sat on the edge, except he hung his legs onto the roof and sat on the wall, his form distorted and shrunk, it seemed to go through a few shapes,going from a long snake that wrapped and writhed on the wall, to a small rabbit, to a dog, but the form seemed to stop as it went through birds, the form stretched its way making two long black wings, with a matching grey beak, and yellow eyes.

Malone in the shape of a shining, beutiful Raven flew downwards and landed softly on the windowsill, then with some of the best acting he had down for years on end he fell over onto his side, adjusting his body to show a broken leg and wing.....he squaked pathetically, his mind's eye watching the event and snickering....

:smokin:

Comment

Andrea whipped around as she heard a small squeak from the window sill behind her. Jhoira hardly noticing fiddled with her 'about-to-be' altered weaponry. "Oh, the poor thing." She walked up towards the window peering down at the small bird, it was the most magnificent thing she'd seen in her time as being a treasure hunter. She admired it's beautiful image, but shook herself free from her thoughts. Remembering back.... This bird, died out many years ago. It hardly needs to be said, but I believe someone is here to do a little investigation.

Comment

The bird flicked it self back on to its legs, the breakage seemed to disappear, and its wing clicked back into place and folded back around the crows waist, it then lowered its head, as its shadow stretched out behind it, although the light in the room didn't seem to change, with in a flick of an eye, the Daemon was standing there, he straightened the collar of his shirt and brushed invisble dust from his chest, then his perfect eyes rose from the ground and locked on the mage, a thin smile crossed his face, and he swept the ground with his arms as he bowed in her direction, "Fine noble mage, you wish to have battle huh? Then let me change the location slightly, we wouldn't want to mess up this dammed mortals appartment now would we...."

With a sweep of one long arm he took in one large circle, and their surroundings bent and blurred, instantly changing into that of a lush countryside, obviously very far away from the city, in a less 'populated' area. "Ok Mage, you wish to take me on? Lets do this!" The young girl leapt forwards at Malone staff held out straight, a sizzling bolt shot from the end of it, Malone's eye's widened as the bolt came at him, he ran backwards as fast as he could, barely dodging it as he arced his back to let it pass, staightening himself he checked his coats for burns, and sighed when he couldn't find any....with a smile he looked back at the panting mage, "Please tell me thats not the best you can do little one......"

Malone put both hands behind his back, and clasped his hands in eachother and walked forwards slowly, keeping his eyes on the glaring mage, suddenly she rushed forwards, and smacked her head hard on something un-seen to her, and then she fell, she seemed to fall straight through the ground, Malone bellowed with laughter and clicked his fingers and his illusion shimmered and fell away, as she plummeted he watched her, then brought his eyes back up, I won't have long to do this, she'll be awfully grumpy when she gets a hold of herself , he rushed forwards, his legs and wings which kept him afloat in the mid air a blur, he tucked everything in as he flew through the window, not wishing to break anything just yet....

He stood tall near the mortal that had stole from him, his horns dug into the concrete of the roof, but he didn't even notice, bits of rocks and debree falling down around his shoulders and down his hair, his eyes glared down at the girl, "You stole from me girl?" Malone let out a burst of laughter, although it held no humour, "How do you wish to die?"

Malone cast his eyes around the mess of a room and he saw what he wanted, he raised one arm and the cacti raised itself from the table on which it sat and positioned itself in his palm, "Oh well, i've got what i came for at least, i'm not sure if i want to kill you just yet though.....hows about i just test you then? Ok mortal, you survived my last test, lets see you live the next one....." He jumped backwards neatly fitting through the window, tossing a small fire ball back as he flew home.......

Comment

A small arcing bolt of churning flame was enroute back to her apartment. Something very basic had to be done. Flicking out her 'Glacial splint' flare gun from her belt, she levelled it at the conjured bolt and fired the tiny gun's single shot. A small blue bead raced upwards and met the fireblast in mid-air. At once, what was a combustive bolt of flames quickly changed into a solid mass of hardened ice and rapidly decreased it's trajectory. It slammed into a large metal funnel on the next-door roof, a building short from it's intended target. Quickly tossing away the one-shot weapon, Jhoira reached for her pistol, still in it's side-holster, and levelled it at the quickly fleeting demon. It still had the small pot in it's hand and didn't seem too concerned whether his ploy actually worked or not. Lowering her goggles over her eyes, she extended her sight on the fleeting fool and raised her pistol to match the reticle. With a calculated move, she fired, loosing a single bolt off at the demon. With pinpoint accuracy, Jhoira had her target! The cactus in the demon's hand fell to pieces! The demon glanced down and dusted his hands of the plant pieces and dirt, still continuing his flight to his intended destination. Quickly sheathing her pistol, she looked down at Andrea, who had collided off several power lines that slowed her fall to the bottom. Rapidly jumping out the window, she made a quick swing down to the ground and went to check on the mage, who had apparently hit her head on the window's sill. Her forehead was nearly the colour of her hair, noting the heavy impact and conccusion. Hoisting her back up the ladder back into her apartment, Jhoira placed the mage in her bed and placed a gel-pack from the fridge on her head. Closing the window, Jhoira decided that Andrea might need some better protection if she was going to go charging at crazy monsters. She went over to a nearby trunk and had a look for something to make a nice cloak out of. Withdrawing a blue blanket and some monomolecular, chainmail weave stolen out of an antique store, she set off to make a garment worthy of her friend's position.

Comment

Andrea opened her eyes finding herself in bed. She sat up quickly, the gel pack falling off her head landing heavily in her lap and fell backward again groaning loudly "That devil...I was only getting warmed up, did I get him? Argh, why does my head hurt?" She grabbed the gel pack and lay it down carefully back on her head. "Oh, I see...stars." Jhoira turned from her current seating position, still occupied with her strange instruments. Andrea now noticed her working on some armor as she turned on her side holding the compress to her head. "No, you completely missed him. He then threw you upwards knocking your head as you fell back down." Andrea sighed tossing herself onto her back, looking up at the ceiling, watching a small spider spin its web in an untouched corner. The mage, with her reliable hat sitting next to her on the bedside table thought nothing of her current situation. By now, everyone thought even worse of her then they did previously, she hardly cared. She would of much rather lived life as a vagabond, then the head of some stuck-up bureaucratic society.

"I must study new spells, I underestimated the malevolent fiend...He has no purpose here. What is his motive? To kill us? I don't understand." Jhoira continued to tinker with her tools, Andrea watching sparks fly outwards every now and then, the flash of silver and the clinking of metal on metal, grinding. She was busy, but Andrea knew she listened to her. Jhoira was the patient type. "I must thank you for amplifying my staff, though, it is still of no match, I believe my skills maybe tainted." Feeling confined as her head now starting plaing games with her eyes, seeing multiple images and sheep flying across through the air materialised from nothing. The mage with her head spinning, leaving her as she felt as she wanted to vomit moaned out loud and her face contorted in agony. "Dear Tria, save me from this torment, so I may have my revenge." Andrea grabbed for her hat with her right hand and plonked it on her face blocking out the light. Soon to drop into sleep...she hoped tomorrow she'd be in better health, save the nasty bruise and killer headache.

Comment

As Malone flew onwards, he didn't even notice the large red portal that gently shimmered into existence directly infront of him, he was much to occupied looking behind him, trying to think whether it was worth avenging his plants or not, he flew directly into the trap, and looked around with a look of shock and fear, quickly turning into rage, "Nooooo! You *******...." He dived forwards, only managing to dismember his arm as the portal closed, with a resounding echo coming from where the portal disappeared with an inward 'pop', "I'll get out, mark my words! Just give me time! I'll be back!"

Aziraphale sat with a smirk at the cofee shop where he was, quietly sipping on a cappochino as he stopped concentrating, letting the portal fall away, he downed the rest of the cup, picked up his cane and walked away whistling, you never were too smart Malone.....

Ufordin sat drowning his misories, his ENTIRE family had been slaughtered that monster, tapping the axe that hung at his side he raised his other hand for the barkeep to hand him another tankard, he would get his revenge on that beast! Even if it meant giving his own life!

Name: Ufordin Tyroine
                      Race: Dwarf

As the tankard came down the bar, he emptied it in one gargantuen gulp stood up and tightened his belt and marched out through the door drunken anger burning in his eyes, as he went through the door, through hazy eyes he saw the beast that he searched for, it flew up the street, with simple beats of its wings, and then something shattered that it carried, the beast didn't look surprised but still turned it head to see what had happened, but what happened next made Ufordin scream with anger, in the monsters moment of distraction a red whole opened in the sky and he flew straight into it!

Its screams could be heard even after the portal closed, with a down turned growl he ran forward to see what had been broken, it seemed to be nothing more then a pot plant, the monster had been killed for a POT PLANT! He looked up to where the beast seemed to be looking, and there up high in an appartment block, there was a woman standing in a small crater in the side of building with a smoking gun that had a stunned look on her face, then he heard the echoes of surprised laughter echo down to his ears.

Ufordin looked up to the girl and let his loud, dwarven throat throw his voice up in booming tones, "OI! Ruffians, that prey was mine! What hardships did that ******* put YOU through? I see you've still got friends there!" Pointing one stout finger accusingly at the other girl that stood behind the one with the gun, "What right do you have to steal my fate!" Reaching to his back he un-furled the axe, spinning in a low circle and quickly brought it up and let it fly to where the girl stood, in his drunken state he fell backwards, weeping into his hands......

Comment

As the heavy bearded axe arced upwards toward the apartment window, a mechanical claw reached upwards and plucked it out of the sky. The thickly robed interceptor pulled the crude implement toward it's hood. Lowering it's arm, the thing pulled the hood off it's head, revealing the skeletal head of a robot, a mechanical assassin. With it's optic receptors focusing on the trajectory of the hurled missile, he looked to ground level and saw the sorry figure flailing on the ground below. With an accusing smirk building upon it's automated jaw, the machine spoke "Pathetic man, if you want to kill something, it has to be done right." Using it's second claw, it cast off the shadowed cloak, revealing the rest of it's true shape. The steel nightmare was like a glistening lizard, a contrast of an ancient dinosaur lifeform combined with modern day materials and tehnologies: a fusion of the extreme ages. The whirring contraption was the first of it's kind to gain a degree sentience and gave itself a name: 'Riptor'. It is the ultimate killing machine in urban territories, especially the whole of the Stark's sprawl. The contraption waved it's spindly tail, a silver spiral of razor fans. Flexing it's arm servos and pistons, he looked up to the axe's intended target. The familiar window which he had spied was the exact target, the home of that thief wench, the enemy of it's handlers. Drawing it's arm back,the retilioid thrust the aged axe straight at the dwarf's and his own target. The axe became a rippling rotor in the air, leaving a harsh whistling in it's trip and collided with the apartment wall with such force, it literally ploughed a gaping hole through the other side of the building. Focusing it's zoom lenses, Riptor hastily initiated stealth mode, and cackled at the expression on that fool girl's face. Quickly scuttling across the rooftops, the clockwork reptile hastily made it's trip to the adjacent block of flats that stood by the enemie's lair. with the fines white dust onlu just settling, now would be just the time to strike. Lowering on all fours, Riptor made a fantastic jump onto the adjoined window's railings, greeting it's residents with a deafening roar.

Comment

Working...
                        X