No announcement yet.

The fall of civilisation.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her travels back towards her house was a long-winded one, though it appeared that Sylvannah was in a strange state of mind. The young woman of Elvish descent walked as fast as her legs could carry her. At the moment she had no idea whether to laugh or scream the place down. She slowly turned down her driveway and attempted to inspect her 'deadly' garage door. She gaped at the now obvious tears in the metal and examined it. Upon a closer look she swore loudly. "What's he done to my door!" She gruffly reached into the pocket from the remnants of the jacket, which was once her favourite, but she stopped suddenly as she reached the doorway. "...Oh don't tell me..."

She threw open the door and it stopped at the door with a loud crash and slammed it behind her. She hung the keys neatly upon the wall and stormed into the living room. She briefly stopped in the doorway and dropped her jacket (or what was left of it) on the ground. Sylvannah flicked the stereo off and walked towards the couch. Standing over the sleeping Gibusu, she gathered what strength she had and threw a punch directly at his face...

"Ah! What'd you do that for babe, I'm sleeping here." He rubbed his face which now had a red splotch from his injury. " I can see that. Firstly, you try to play around with me and almost kill me, then you go and blow my cover by killing some random people in a bar, then you get yourself knocked out, trash my house...and you even had the nerve to kiss me? What kind of person are you?" She yelled. She turned away from him, picked up her things from the floor and walk off to her room without looking back. "You're lucky, I'm not kicking you out, you'd have a damned sore ass by now. Clean my house...no wait, better yet, clean yourself up, you look like you crawled out of a dumpster." She called back condescendingly.

Comment

Gibusu, as he rolled off the couch looked down at his red jacket and black pants, "Dumpster!? Babe, you obviously don't know how much these clothes cost!" he called out after the retreating figure, shortly after he heard the loud slam of a bedroom door. Gibusu scowled and smelt himself quickly, "Hey, Sylvie might be right, shower time!"

Taking off the jacket and throwing it at the ground in disgust, he quickly made his way around the house opening every door he came to, looking for the bathroom, he opened one and had a pillow promptly thrown at him, obviously the bed-room of one, angry Sylvannah..... but after a few more wrong rooms he found the right one and quickly bathed himself , not bothering to wait for the hot water, he just turned the cold on at full blast and stepped under the chilly on-slought.

He let his hair get drenched, which in itself was a long task, as his whole body was covered with fur. Completting this, Gibusu knelt down and picked up her shampoo and examing the bottle, up-ended it on his body, empting the bottle, oh well, she told me to get cleaned up! With all his thick red fur cleaned, he jumped out of the shower, feeling fully refreshed, all his wounds healed, all his hair, and body cleaned, he was ready for some clothes!

Gibusu jumped from the shower and found a fresh towel in a near-by cupboard that was under the sink of the bath-room, he used that towel to half dry himself with, then he removed another and draped it around his waste, to cover his....hmmm, privates? He then marched proudly to the door, then remembering something he came back in and removed his walled from the pocket of his pants, and continued back out the door and went outside the house and down the street.

1 hour later he returned to the house, decked out in a dazzling white suit, the coat that he wore, hung to the ground around his feet, and the boots that he wore were topped at the toe's with shining, reflective steel caps, upon his head, holding his long black hair back, he wore a tall white top hat, and in one hand he held a long black cane, with the largest diamond he had ever seen as the handle, and a hard steel cap as the foot.

Placing both heels together proudly as he stood there, arching his back and standing up as straigh as was possible, even his tail was acting a part of his finery, draped over one shoulder as if it were some kind of un-orthadox strap, or belt. He put both hands on his hips and called out, "Sylvie, if i am so revolting, you must come and send me on my way, but please just judge my new attire before i leave...." He called out, nearly joking on his sarcasm as he spoke.....

:smokin:

Comment

She got up from her bed, upon which she lay. Sylvannah was feeling much better....Hope he didn't leave the bathroom in a mess She went out of her room, though she changed out of her clothes into simple t-shirt and shorts and followed Gibusu's voice as it trailed throughout the house. As she appeared in the doorway of the living room Sylvannah stood blankly at Gibusu in his new attire. She stood, leaning against the door frame examining him raising an eyebrow, then bursted out in a large fit of laughter. "You're...rather overdressed aren't you? It also seems so out of place that a vagabond such as yourself even has the money to buy that sort of thing. Did you rip me off?"

Gibusu stood, obviously offended and looked at her menacingly. "Well, okay...it's an improvement. Happy?" She replied quickly as to prevent offending him further. She came closer towards him and closely examined the suit. "Right, and you left the house in a towel, I'm guessing?" She laughed. She watched his expression closely, but however her mind was shifted elsewhere. The pendant which hung at his neck, yet underneath his shirt, glowed a strange ruby red. Sylvannah's eyes widened. "Why, I've never seen it glow like that before." She pointed at the light that shone through his shirt.

He quickly stared down in surprise as it emanated brightly. "I've only ever known it to glow blue, how did you do that" She asked bringing the pendant out from within his clothing and examining it from all sides. She looked up at him shock covered her face and she paced back and forth thinking. What does it all mean, why...is this...? "I think that the pendant...is reacting to you." She put her finger to her chin and tapped it, totally in thought. She sat confused on the couch and thought a little harder, there was no explanation that helped her, she was at a complete loss. "Gibusu, what do you think?"

Comment

Gibusu raised the kneck of his shirt and took out the pendant which quickly illuminated the whole room with an eery red glow, "Wow! Its never been that bright yet, i thought it was always red? Blue for you huh? Cool......" Gibusu's eyes came up peering from under the rim of his hat at the girl, deep in thought, he came to a quick conclusion, and held out the hand which held the Pendant to the girl, "Show me then....i guess"

The girl reached out quickly to grab the pendant, eager to get it back after the drawn out separation, but as her finger-tips touched the metal surface of the pendant, her head was thrown backwards as a flood entered her mind, new thoughts, feelings, emotions that she had never felt before, the same was happening to Gibusu, except he was handling it much better, instead of the grimace that the girl with-held a over-joyed smile crossed his face.

Suddenly, as if by clock-work both head clicked back up and they stared at each other with a shocked expression, and both at the same time exclaimed, "That was you!"

A smile passed onto Gibusu's face, while a scowl appeared on Sylvannah's, again at the same time, but this time different sentences, Gibusu muttered lazily, "Your lovely...." while Sylvannah screamed, "Your revolting!"

Gibusu instantly recoiled backwards letting go of the pendant, all the new thoughts pumping through his mind, it was strange, but it felt so good, but he could feel the new thoughts breaking his mind also, giving him an aweful headache, the thoughts seemed to go through his head like a pack of ravenous dogs, ripping his memories, feelings, thoughts all of them, ripping them all to shreds, although a slight smile passed accross his face as he fell backwards...unconcious onto Sylvannah's couch....

Comment

"Damn it all, honestly!" The fair headed woman seemed to scorn the pendant itself. She left Gibusu as he smiled and fell upon the couch. The sight of him practically made her sick as she ran out of the room and slumped against her bed. "...He is absolutely...horrendously, revolting..." she curled up and nested on the bed clutching her head between her hands tightly.

Her mind suddenly changed at that instant. She remembered nothing, however, when they both touched the pendant it seemed to glow the colour of young amethysts...it was a strange sight to see. Did I make a mistake in giving him custody? After what had happened, she decided, yes. Though there was nothing that she could do about it now. Her mind, she thought was once at peace. Now it seemed filled with images of bloodshed, horror. Like, war ripped her head open and allowed peace to flow out then, completely sealed it from ever coming back in. Sylvannah had felt as if she'd lost an important part of herself. Her heart was empty, she didn't feel the warmth that it once possessed.

She rolled over slowly onto her back and stared at the ceiling. "What's happened to me? I don't like this feeling." She brought herself up from lying down to sitting at the edge of the bed. Even that too didn't feel the same to her. She again thought about the young man which lay upon her couch. Sylvannah grabbed a blanket, walked out of her bedroom, and carefully draped it upon the figure which lay limply on the couch. She sighed, flopped herself on the seat next to him, cuddled herself and sobbed.

To be in her position, you'd of felt sorry for yourself too. She cried quietly to herself and let her tears flow freely down her her cheeks. For she'd just lost herself. She lived 20 years knowing who she was and lost it all in an instant. Then she thought about the thoughtless idiot which lay so serenly next to her. She cried a little harder, feeling sorry for him.

Comment

Gibusu in his state of un-consciousness heard the quiet sobs of the girl, how strange, drawing himself back as quickly as he could, he threw his eyes open, just as soft tears fell on his cheeks from above. His eyes cleared, and the blurriness left, and he what he saw disturbed him, the once strong and resolute Sylvannah was crouching there before him sobbing her tears over him.

He lay there momentarily just watching her as the tears flowed, before he realized something that hadn't been there the whole time, he suddenly went into panic, what were these memories that were in his head? These weren't the thoughts he remembered where was his planet....he didn't know.....what was the planet called....he didn't know, but what he did know confused him, he seemed to know a great deal about.....the elvish heritage? What the hell? Why do i know about them?

Why don't i know where i grew up? I seem to have forgotten my parents, what!? I think that i grew up in this city, and didn't have parents, i love my mum and dad! Gibusu raised himself with a loud groan, all these thoughts, so confusing! He suddenly got an idea, and turned to the girl with an inquistive look on his face, and put a hand under her face and forced it up, looking into her eyes, "Tell me, what do you know about the planet Gorofusion?"

Comment

Gibusu forced Sylvannah's head upwards to look straight at him. His eyes full of question, but also fear. She stopped crying "...What am I supposed to know about the planet Gorofusion?! ...of all the stupid questions..."

She quietly searched her mind and came upon some strange memories, wait, mum and dad? ...I don't know who my parents are... trees...wow, I see, underdeveloped farmland. "Gorofusion is an underdeveloped planet, rich of grassland and civilisation is primitive...yet it's so much more beautiful then here. And it was the home of many people, called 'Loridelie'?". I see the light of two. The night sky has two moons which shine side by side one named Altos and the Redina. And, I have a family? They have such kind faces, I miss them very much..." She sat patiently waiting for his response. He sat wide eyed across from her.
                "How do I know all this? ...What happened to us?" She saw a flicker from the side of her eye and saw the pendant lying on the floor next to her. She picked it up and gently held it in her hand. The pendant began to glow a tender blue light, though she felt differently towards it. "It doesn't feel the same. I want to know what's going on, I can't live like this" She sadly dropped her head and tossed the pendant to Gibusu. "I'm sure it will be more kind to you."

Comment

With a large releived sigh Gibusu stood, "Well Sylvie, its as i thought, you obviously don't know how to read runes do you?" The blonde headed girl shook her head brefly watching his stalking figure walk jirlkily around the room, "Remember earlier when i was examining this thing? Well i noticed a single rune to be repeated all over the back of this things casing....." He turned the intricate device over in his hands and pointed at what she had just thought to be repeated picutres all around the side of the caseing, "You know what it says? ....To Be One"

"I'm sorry i had to include you in my little test but, i beleive that this could be our tool to actually pull off this little 'heist' that you had planned, i beleive that this could be one of the ancient Elvish artifacts that i have know learned about....from your memories," Bowes his head, as if thanking her, "There were many made, as you know, and some were said to hold the power to 'fuse' two beings together momentarily, usually used in marriage ceremonies, although the magic only lasts for up to around 30 minutes, i think that should last us just long enough to get this thing done? What do you think, your brains my body...should work a charm i think." Gibusu let out a quick burst of laughter, keeping his eyes locked on the artifact he held in his hands.

"I think our last try, we just didn't hold onto it long enough, and it only swapped our minds, as far as i know thats not supposed to happen, and it should be reveresed and fixed after completeting it....i think, this thing doesn't come with instructions...."

Comment

Sylvannah laughed weakly at his diluted joke. "Yes, it doesn't. It's ancient. It's obvious, due to it's great craftsmanship. I've had it since I was a little girl. But, 'to be one' that is the thing that scares me the most. I can't stand to lose myself, to you. You scare me beyond belief." She looked sadly into his eyes. Gibusu sat across from her, eyeing her curiously. Sylvannah tossed the pendant back and forth between her hands, it glowed an iridescent blue. She held it in one palm and examined it closely. "I don't understand how it operates as well, I know that it can transport me from this world to another. It's happened before. Now, wait, I must see it again. I am blue, you are red. How can the be?" She tossed it gently in the air, Gibusu quickly brought himself off the couch and plucked it from the air with his tail. With his tail he tossed it into the palm of his hand.

The pendant, though so small in size irradiated an immense amount of light. What was now blue shone a colour very much close to that of raging fire, though thick, like blood. Sylvannah asked him to hold out his palm to her. This time as she watched the pendant and its new light, it confused her. It was exactly the same, but a different colour. She looked at Gibusu though the flooded red light. His fur of course blended in perfectly, he looked strange, but she dismissed it. "Okay, put it down now, it's making me sick." She sighed through pursed lips. "I don't think we should go through with this. I don't know how long it would be before this drives me crazy. I have your mind in my head, yet it's all wrong, and you're a terrible person..." His look showed deep hurt. Which tore at her heart "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it so...badly, but that is how I feel." She pushed herself off the seat slowly and walked out of the room, back towards her bedroom.

Comment

Gibusu looked down at the pendant, thinking about those words, they repeated themselves in his mind, over and over;

"....... you're a terrible person..."

Sure he had heard that before, but it hadn't never meant something before, this sentence had come straight from the heart and came out like daggers....his eyes came up and watched Sylvannah retreat to her bedroom.

The pendant breifly hovered in the air before falling to the ground as Gibusu disappeared from behind it, his body breifly shimmered in the air as nothing more then a living shadow, before it instantly appeared in front of Sylvannah, blocking the entrance to her bedroom. His eyes burning in his sockets, he glared at the girl, although his eyes had travel upwards to be level with hers, he still seemed to stand over her menacingly.

"Terrible am I!?" He growled through clenched teeth, his tail whipping from side to side, once striking the door, leaving a long imprint in the hard wood, and shaking the foundations, "What about you then huh? What about all those years ago, back in New York, you weren't such a lovely creature then either....were you!" The growl turned into a roar as he shoved his face forwards into hers, "What about that...poor young boy," Shaking his head looking into her eyes with mock care, "What you did to him was FAR from nice my dear....it looks like we aren't so different after all, huh?"

Seeing the girl flinch at his words, he remembered that she actually 'wouldn't' remember what had happened, but at least now he had leverage over her...."You aren't such an angel my dear, i can see by that face that you have no recollection of what you did while you were a child." Gibusu now feeling it was safe to reveal some of his more favoured 'skills' he reached out to finally manicured hands and put them on each side of her head, one on each temple, and forced the memories of her teenage years in New York back into her mind.

"Remember, NOW my dear? Remeber all those nights you used to spend hidden in dark shadowed alleys? Remember all the times when some poor happless being wandered in? Remember what you did to them? I'M TERRIBLE! HA! We are two pea's in a pod my dear, we might as well get this job over and done with, and i'll never have to set my eye's on your hypocritical face ever again!"

Not paying the girl anytime to grieve over her lost memories Gibusu kept up his glare as his tail continued its angry path backwards and forth........

Comment

Sylvannah looked up at Gibusu and watched him as his eyes flared, she stared back at him dousing the fire that relayed through them with her cold expression.

"How dare you address me...so intimately. I am not related or obliged to you in any way. I never despised you as much as I do now. As hypocritical as you think I am, I have regretted my sins. But they in no way reflect who I am. But, for me it is a way of life. For you, it is a means of release, a little fun maybe. You never had parents who left you behind to fend for yourself. You were loved and cherished. I have almost nothing to denote my birth, my life...my heritage. Except the object, which you now possess. I said I was sorry. I give you a place to sleep and a caring hand for your careless injuries. Most of all I don't complain, so keep your comments to yourself. My past means nothing to you or me for that matter. Leave me in peace."

He hesitantly moved aside for her. She tracked calmly along the hallway and closed the door behind her. Sylvannah did not slam it in his face, but more sadly made a retreat to her 'quiet place.' She leaned against the door and said loud enough for him to hear. "I never said I was a good person..." She crouched behind the door and thought. It seemed that her thoughts were just shrouded in mystery, they were so different, she knew she wasn't wrong in saying how she felt. How could he not accept her honest opinion? Sylvannah sighed deeply "How could I expect him accept an insult?" she spoke to herself in a questioning tone. She didn't know if she'd want to talk to him again. But now, they appeared stuck in a situation that neither of them were comfortable with. "Damn, I should ditch this whole thing altogether, I just can't stand the guy..."

Comment

Gibusu stood.........stunned, he wasn't expecting such an.....excited response from the girl. He turned slowly and walked back to the lounge room and quickly picked up the pendant before walking back to the bedroom.

Holding the pendant in one hand he held it out and concentrated on it, it slowly lifted off his hand and floated through the door, as if it was nothing more then smoke, gritting his teeth from the struggle of controlling it accurately Gibusu fell to his knees as one the other side of the door, the pendants straps opened into 2 parts and tied themselves around Sylvannah's neck.

Drained of all his energy Gibusu fell and leaned against the door and breathed heavily, in hushed bursts of speech "Ok then, you wish to be a ***** about it, have these back," Gibusu concentrated once more, using the rest of his energy and let all the thoughts and memories of the girl, gently this time, flow back into her mind.

Gibusu looked around the hallway, puzzled, what am i doing here? Where is this? More importantly....who the hell am i? Why am i so damned tired? "Oh well, i'm hungry, food!" Shakily the short man got to his feet and stumbled out the hallway, out the door and swerved his way down the street, looking in wonder around the glowing walk-ways of the street, as his tail swerved with his body, it made its way around to the front of his body, quickly he reached out with his hand and grabbed it....
                          "Why the hell have i got this?"

Comment

Sylvannah looked down surprised as she watched the pendant tie itself around her neck, it fell softly against her. Before she could open the door to apologise, she felt her thoughts coming back to her. Her head felt heavily and she fell backwards upon her rear. She got up in time only to see Gibusu wonder out complaining of hunger. She ran out on to the street as it was getting dark out the streetlamps flickered down the path. She watched the tailed figure as he walked about, seeming to take in everything as he walked. Before he walking into the local diner she stopped him. "Wait! ...You really shouldn't go in there, you'd get killed!" He looked at Sylvannah briefly and stared her up and down. "God! You're cute! Killed you say? Got anything else in mind?"

Sylvannah ignored his compliment "Yes, come home with me. I'll whip something up for you." Gibusu peered at her through suspicious eyes. "Hmm, for a cute one like yourself, I don't get asked out much, I'm surprised." She sighed exasperated "Yes, yes I'm sure you are..." She took a hold of his hand like a young child. And they calmly walked down the dark streets. All the time the light headed woman kept her guard. "Hey, beautiful, you have any idea why I have a tail?" She ignored his question "Please, don't call me that..." Sylvannah pleaded. Her calm walking pace grew into a rushed shuffle, then an outright run. Why am I helping him? He just accused me of something that I've always hated. "Dammit, hurry up!" She yelled to him. For only an hour she'd been out, she managed to grab the poor man to and from her house. She bent over exausted and leaned against her front door. Through deep breaths she said "Please, come in."

Gibusu walked in slowly and inspected the front hallway throughly "I've just come from here...do I know you?" Sylvannah stood shocked, she realised the sacrifice that he'd given up for her. "Gibusu...I..." She began. "Who's Gibusu?"
                            Sylvannah shook her head. "You must do something for me."
                            "Sure, anything for you, babe." She grunted. "Please...don't call me that. I want you to hold this for me. She pulled the pendant from her neck and placed it in his palm, which she forced open. "I'm going to hold your hand too, and I don't want you to break the connection." "But, I don't do courtesies on the first date." He laughed. "Look, shut up, just do it!" She said firmly. As she connected with him the familiar blinding purple light filled the house she felt her mind being bashed inside of her, she screamed in pain. The agony of her soul ripped out and flowed freely between the two of them, she watched exhausted to see that he took it so much better then herself. The result after the light had died and only the faint lights of the streetlamps shone through the windows, it'd appeared that the two beings had become one. "Oh hell...Gibusu, you okay?"

Comment

Gibusu looked around through new eyes, the experience was strange, he seemed to be looking at the world from a foot higher then what he was used to, like having a pair of shoes on that were FAR to large....."Oh hell...Gibusu, you okay?" He looked around, completely puzzled, then he noticed something that was so obvious that he hadn't noticed it....His mouth had moved and the sound had came from that.....he was hearing his own voice.....but it WASN'T his own voice, he didn't recognise this voice, it was light, and yet low, it had a beautiful ring to it, he opened.....his? mouth, "Hello?" ha! He thought, how strange.

"Ahhh good so you ARE in here with me, you daft *******! This damned thing BETTER wear off or i'm going to make the rest of our lives absolute HELL for you!"

It hit Gibusu like a ton of bricks, he didn't recognise the voice but he sure as hell recognised the tone, "Sylvannah! You did it! Lovely! My bluff worked a treat, just as i hoped it would!" Gibusu let out a short burst of laughter as he jumped over the couch in a single step, the laughter coming out as what sounded to him as music, if it hadn't have been coming out of his own mouth, he would have fallen in love with that voice, it was beutiful! Perfect! Sounded like the music had shaped it self into words and forced its way through his lips. But because it was coming ou tof HIS mouth it sickened him, "How the hell am i going to get any respect on the streets with a voice like this?" He burst out angrily as he could as he made his way to the bath-room mirror.

"Don't go thinking your going to have enough TIME to get respect, this will only last for half an hour........remember" The last word sounded like a threat, but Gibusu merely shrugged it off as he walked the strange body into the bath-room, for once in his life Gibusu had to actually lean and not stretch to look into a mirror, it pleased him wonderfully at the new height.....but the sight which he with-held in the mirror made him stagger, it was absolutely beautiful!

On the face Gibusu couldn't configure whether the being was either Male or Female, it seemed a cross between the two. The being which stared back had long grey hair that shone, it hung down to the middle of its back, it had pristene features, high cheek bones and a healthy tan that covered its body, Gibusu leaned in closer to the mirror and let out a loud laugh, "HA!! I have cat-eyes! How friggin cool is that!"

Not able to control himself he took a step backwards and with one perfectly molded hand reached up to the collar of their (surprisingly) totally new attire, and pulled it out wards, peering down at his chest, and long smile crossing his face. Not taking any notice of the rest of his body, he didn't even sense it coming when the other hand promptly raised up and struck him to the ground, "It's both our body, for now you pervert! Don't do it again!"

He stood and rubbed his face and walked out of the room mumbling to himself, although Sylvannah had control of the features as they contorted into a proud smile.

"Ok then babe, take us to the place, we might as well get this thing over and done with while this thing holds!" With one hand Gibusu slipped the pendent which now shone an eery black colour over his neck and slipped it down the front of his shirt, keeping his eyes to the front, he adjusted his long flowing, smooth hair as the body began to move.....

Comment

Sylvannah had problems in describing how she felt. As she moved she felt strange and tripped slightly. "Watch it klutz, geez!" "Hey come off it! It's not my fault!" She said. She found it hard to balance and was uneasy on her feet. She looked down and almost fainted. "Aw, what! so I have a tail now? Don't do this to me!" "Come on babe, it's not so bad, just go with the flow!" "What do you mean go with the flow?! I'm walking around looking like a freak, you know I'm almost sure that it's composed mostly of me....how embarrassing." Sylvannah made the body kick a nearby wall. "Ah! Hey! For your information, I think we look and sound cute together." Gibusu made it smile widely. "Argh, one, I think we're an experiment gone horribly wrong and two, I think you're making fun of my voice!" He stopped Sylvannah felt her mind spinning out of control and Gibusu took control of the body's mind. Hmm, well she has a nice voice but, it sounds different "Sorry to invade on your thoughts babe but everyone's voice sounds different to when you hear it and when someone else hears it."

She took control of the body again and made it pace back and forth while lost in thought. "I hate thinking." Gibusu bursted out. "Shut up and don't speak, you're breaking my sense of concentration." She sighed. "You see why this wont work anymore? ....I'm tired I wish to sleep" "Sylvie, I'm hungry." "Damn, go get yourself something to eat then!" She yelled at him. Gibusu brought them into a large healthy smile "Thanks!" He took control of the body and walked with a jovial bounce, which disturbed her. "Gibusu, it's just food. Could I just say something?" "Hell no, you talk too much." As he searched through the fridge he found a bread roll and quickly stuffed it into their mouth before she could say anything further.

Comment

Working...
                                X