Been ripped off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been ripped off

I have just been ripped off big time guys, this is daylight robbery.

I made an order at a website which shall remain nameless of the following items:

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
    Logitech QuickCam Web

I in turn recieved the following:

Micorosoft Intellimouse Optical
    Logitech Quickcam Express

Both of which are cheaper models than what i bought.

I have contacted them but have recieved no reply as of yet. What should my course of action be?

Do you have proof of what you actually ordered??? Backed up by a credit card statement with the exact amount for the order and a copy of their relevant page showing both lots of prices?????

Get all these together and confront them (phone/email/visit them...and make your plight KNOWN) and either seek a refund of the difference if you want to keep the stuff or a full refund if you want to return it...you'll probably lose your postage though.

If they are playing ducks and drakes you can always seek some help from Consumer Affairs. Other than that its gunna be a battle.

Good luck....

PS I've found all I've dealt with to be pretty good....if you have troubles maybe you should let us know who it is so we can avoid them...sorry ...avoid making the same mistake.....word gets around pretty quickly in our environment especially if a supplier is misbehaving.

Comment

yes, as a matter of fact i wanted to include the name of the company except our good friend mr.tweak (who we all love dearly) deleted the post the first time because the company name was in it. He doesn't want to get sued or something.

Comment

When you contact them let them know you've been on the phone to consumer affairs, usually makes em think quicker.
        It works for me anyway, or maybe its just tone in my voice, try it anyway.

Comment

Thankyou Slamo, it wasn't that hard was it.

Comment

give them a piece of ya mind SLAMO!!!!!
            TT Original

Comment

Yes, they will not hear the end of it until i get reimbersed my money difference.

Comment

:?: does that mean your happy with what you got and you just want the difference refunded in monetary terms

Comment

well basically I got what I ordered. I am just very unhappy that they sent me cheaper versions of the product for there own little profits. They made about $30 out of the mouse by ripping me off and I'm not sure how much on the webcam. I just want the money difference pais to me.

Comment

They should be more careful with filling their orders :mad:

Comment

you did get ripped off with that mouse in more ways than one.. The optical is **** compared to the explorer.. :) who wants a button either side when you can have total thumb control!!! and it curves! it's a curvy mouse! woohoo!

< /madness>

Comment

Well it's good to know that that site ain't in my PC stores list. ;)

Comment

how can you be sure wiggo, i haven't name them

well i rang them and cleared it up. They reckon that the description that the manufacturer sent them was wrong and that they actually paid for the cheaper model instead of the dearer one so in fact I got what i payed for.

I have told them to fix their descriptions ASAP so nobody else gets the wrong idea.

Comment

I seen the original content but I was interupted so I didn't post then. ;)
                            <center> </center>

Comment

Recent e-mail from them, matter has been cleared

Sorry about these two errors. I have update the page to reflect the two new products. I will look at our prices and if we are making more than our normal markup from the price we sold to you for less our cost price, I will refund you the difference, or you can return the two items for a refund.
                              Let us know what you would prefer to do.

Regards
                              Shop which shall remain nameless

Slamo wins, w00t!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X