free computer training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS found a GREAT site for you!

HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.

Comment

i told her that already.. :) well, more specifically, http://www.howstuffworks.com/pc.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
        i told her that already.. :) well, more specifically, http://www.howstuffworks.com/pc.html
        Oops.

Comment

don't worry.. I told her over MSN.. it wasn't on here.. you didn't do bad...

Comment

Actually, there appears to be something of a dilemna for new computer users/those recently smitten by the computing bug.

Now I don't claim to be self taught, I had a lot of help from websites. Several sites had lots of tutorials and how-to's for new users.

It seems in the 3+ years since, some of those sites have disappeared, others have changed focus. While others, if they have such content still -- it is buried so deep I can't find it.

There were lot's of sites that wanted to sell such information, either as an on-line course, or on CD-ROM.

That's rather sad I think.
            (Now I understand the web isn't a static display, but a person seeking basic knowledge has terribly limited resources these days it seems)

It seems the forums and chatrooms in place on the web are most likely taking the brunt of the questions that new users have. (Not sure where else they could be going?)

But that's cool, I think we are up to the task -- so bring those questions on over here. The TT Forum Help Team is ready and willing to give our best efforts to any questions you might have!
            (OF course, that's all un-official -- I'm just a forum member hee hee)
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
            X