Forum Member of the Year! (2001)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acid
    I'm not here to become popular by having or pretending to have the same opinion as everyone else. I was merely stating my opinion and obviously, a lot of you have a different view on the situation. The Beer Garden, to me is an off topic forum to discuss things that aren't included in the other forums, which is fair enough.

When I see stupid threads like the "Either Or" one, which serves no real purpose other than to spam up your post counts, it does tend to get a bit over the top. Sure some of you may find that fun, but in my opinion, life is short, every minute you spend posting useless crap is just wasting your time on this planet.
    Do you have any friends Acid? Because you are managing to alienate a few ppl in the Beer Garden? We don't expect you to like everything in here, some like the games and some don't, but the ppl who don't like the games stay away from them, they don't post how much they think they are crap, maybe you should lighten up and have some fun for a change?

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
      *holds back half of the BG regulars*
      make that 90% of the BG regs..

Acid, i dont think you realise that here, post counts really mean nothing. I have been here since right after Darth got here, back when the site was pretty new, and later got into the forums. do i care about post counts? not a bit. i love the ppl here and even tho i prolly will never meet any of them irl, they are good friends. yes your opinion is yours, and you are free to speak it, but dont come off sounding better than ppl that have been here a long time when you don't understand fully what makes the BG tick. Shoot, i myself have had my profile lost a couple times which means i had to start all over again, not to mention the server fire, and things like that, but haven't once asked Tweak (a.k.a. The Man) to set my post # back up. I dont know what history you two have together, so i will be civil, but it doesn't make you look good by being brand new to a site and criticizing the "regulars".

*tosses .02 on the table..*
      [space saving sig]
      AMD 0wn3z j00!
      [/space saving sig]

Comment

Resorting to personal attacks now are we?

On the contrary. Wouldn't it be safe to say that someone who has so much time to sit in these forums playing those foolish games have no friends/life??

And as for the comment "if you don't like it don't look at it", well that's what I have been doing. That doesn't mean I can't state an opinion of what I think of them.

I did not want to start an argument but seeing as you're so keen on forcing your opinion down other peoples throats, lets continue.

Comment

*applaudes The Wizard*

Hell, that's worth more that two cents..

As for that comment above, I have no life, do I? The only reason I come on here is because my job is ****. I have nothing to do, so I come on here, occasionally offer advice to people, but usually just post in the BG. I rarely come on here outside of working hours, cos I'm doing other stuff....

I just find it strange that you come in here, blatantly tell everyone in the BG that they are being stupid and wasting their time, and don't expect people to get upset by that. Haven't you heard the saying 'If you haven't got anything good to say, then don't'?

Comment

No, let's not continue. I'm closing this thread.

Comment

I think this is starting to get a little out of hand and we should stop it right here. I will refrain from posting any further into this thread due to being seriously outnumbered. We will not get anywhere as there is obviously a clash of personalities. I will stay out of your way and i'd appreciate it if you show me the same courtesy.

Comment

I guess it is a fact of life - There will always be disagreements and so forth, geez look that why we have wars and things like September 11. The Beer Garden has developed into what it is today over time and has formed a great bunch of people who I'm safe to say are my friends, even though I haven't met half of them. The Beer Garden has it's own special culture and I like it. I'll admit it myself, some posts hold no relevance to anything whatsoever, but that's what makes the Beer Garden and I happen to like this forum for what it is.

Comment

Very true Mr. Tweak, and i remember back in the day when it first opened, shoot, what was it called?? "Everything else?" maybe, dunno, but we weren't sure what to do in there. now look at us!! growing like a big family lol. cheers everyone. Acid, no hard feelings/disrespect, just some brotherly love for my buddies in here. value your own opinion, and speak it when you need to. i took an oath to die for my country and the freedom of speech among other things. cheers all!!
                  [space saving sig]
                  AMD 0wn3z j00!
                  [/space saving sig]

Comment

Originally posted by Acid
                    I will stay out of your way and i'd appreciate it if you show me the same courtesy.
                    just curious as to what you mean by this?

Comment

I have choosen to keep this thread OPEN - After consideration I believe it's best we sort this "problem" out now instead of keeping it bottled up inside brewing into some big.

Comment

Also, just coz I have just started posting to the Tweaktown forums/writing for tweaktown (because my site closed up), doesn't mean I haven't been here for a while. I started reading TT early 2000, been keeping in touch with tweak ever since and met up with him in december 2000. More than a year on, after I announced closure of AcidHardware, tweak offered me a position on TT staff and I gladly accepted. I look forward to helping make the site even better than it is now, and for those of you that read the main page, you can look forward to many reviews from me :)

As a bit of self pimpage, you can see an article of mine on page 26 of the latest Atomic magazine (issue 12). You can also see two more articles from me in the next issue that comes out this coming wednesday.

Enjoy! No hard feelings :p

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy

just curious as to what you mean by this?
                          That comment was directed at Kay, because she seemed to take my previous posts very harshly and it didn't look like I would be able to get along with her. By staying out of each others way, I meant that we should not argue with each other in any other threads and basically just ignore each other :)

Comment

WOW!!! Now ^^that's^^ addin' more fuel to the fire. :laugh:
                            <center> </center>

Comment

wow.. i didn't know crap was a kind of fuel... :)

Comment

Hey ya got to remember that not only is Kay a redhead but she's also a Leo which makes her doubly volatile. :eek:
                                <center> </center>

Comment

Working...
                                X