• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prob not make any difference.......new crew.........same old problems :(

Comment

don't u luv unions ;)

Comment

I'm a full time Student, along with being a full time Systems Administrator and Webmaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Kay
          Prob not make any difference.......new crew.........same old problems :(
          Normally, without a union the lazy people get fired. With a union you can't fire anyone... permenently. I personally have seen one guy get fired three times and he still works there. :laugh: :laugh:

Where does the madness end?:?:
          Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Originally posted by acrolein
            I'm a full time Student, along with being a full time Systems Administrator and Webmaster.
            well some1 has no life

i mean some one is a busy boy ;)
            TT Original

Comment

hehe

unions are really rare in the states now, prolly for that very reason ;)

Comment

But without a Union the Blue Collar workers work for stuff all
                and bad conditions and managment makes all the money :no:

Comment

Originally posted by volton
                  But without a Union the Blue Collar workers work for stuff all
                  and bad conditions and managment makes all the money :no:

I hate unions with a passion..... all they have ever done for me is inconvenience me

They are run by a bunch of loudmouths who often don't have the worker's interests in mind..... recent example, the workers at one meatworks in QLD have agreed to go back to work against the union's advice. The unions wanted the impossible - keeping all jobs during an economic downturn. The workers were sensible enough to go back to work at a lower rate to save their jobs.

The worst example is that in universities - pay $200 odd for nothing in return - every one of my friends at uni hates the union there. Fortunately I'm not forced to join one at TAFE (unlike Uni) :thumb:

So unions = :snip: IMO
                  What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I was in the CFMEU for 4 years and although they can be Tossers
                    and Power hungry they produced excellent pay and conditions for every job i worked in in that period which is more than i can say for these days :o

Besides Uni unions are for kids playing real world LOL

Comment

Maybe somewhere unions are still useful, but I wouldn't be able to tell you where. I certainly don't have a problem with people earning a fair wage, but all the unnecessary crap that come with it, is what ticks me off. I have some real stellar performers that I supervise and anyone of them could walk out of our plant and find another job with little trouble, but the slackers are draining the system.

My dad was in a union and when he retired he had 32 years of perfect attendance. It's tough to find that type of work ethic anymore.

Comment

Well guys I have to disagree, some unions delegates put their heart into the job and really try to do the right thing for everyone, however, there is always one idiot with a loud mouth that spoils it for the hard working ones that try to do the right thing by the people for the people that are members. :?:

Comment

I think that I tried to concede that above, but I would still rather do without. Especially in a manufacturing setting, survival can be based on the ability to adjust quickly and unions simply don't allow that.

typical conversation:

mgmt: We need this done right away for one of our customers.

union: that's not my job.

mgmt: then I'll do it myself

union: you can't do that. I'm gonna file a grievance.

mgmt: well whose job is it?

union: I don't know

UNIONS :snip: :snip:

Comment

I thik at the time that unions came into being, they occured for all the right reasons. Better pay, working conditions, and job security. All good things that employees should have!

Since then it has been taken way out of context. Too much has been done to protect the worker, at the expense of work actually getting done.

And Americans wonder why all the jobs are going to Mexico and overseas
                            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I'll agree to disagree, as we are both right, just depends on the situation at the time

Comment

We are the only plant in the US doing our kind of manufacturing. There are 7 plants (and growing) in Asia doing what we do. We exist primarily as the development center for what we do. Just last year they decided to do a major development project over in Asia, because they could do it $5M+ cheaper than doing it here. These brain surgeons in the union don't realize that they are screwing themselves right out of a job and potentially a plant, by being so inflexible and difficult to work with. Without the development stuff, union staffing would be cut by about half.

Comment

Working...
                                X