Perks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perks

Sometimes I have the opportunity to do strange things in my job. Recently we were out documenting wild animals kept by one of our county residents and I got the chance to say hello to this little beast. He is only a couple of months old, but will get a lot bigger very soon.

Entertaining to say the least!
    Attached Files
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Re: Perks

You'd need a "BIG" ball of yarn for him to play with.

P.S. The tiger would probably like to play with one too.

:)
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Wow - in a few months he may be the one holding you! haha
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

True, but he won't be around. The owner of this little guy has sent him to another tiger person several hours away since it will allow him to grow up with other tigers his age. He was the only cub on site since the mother stepped on his brother and killed him (he was a white). Beautiful animals, though. I've always lived cats and this was my first chance to ever play with one of the big ones.
        My Toys

Comment

Hmmmm....it's like my cat, but with bigger teeth. And I don't think my cat will ever eat me.

Comment

At that age they're playful but can still do quite a lot of damage if they're so inclined. I recall seeing one in someone's backyard in Connecticut a few years back did a double-take because I couldn't believe my eyes. I guess that was my "Bringing Up Baby" moment. ;)

Comment

Yes, they are pretty friendly at this age, but they do grow up. No matter how friendly they are, they are still instinctively one of the mightiest hunters on the face of the planet.

As for the owner of this little guy, he has special pens for all his cats. It is kinda neat that I get to go document them every year. Good thing I'm not afraid of cats... or allergic to them.
              My Toys

Comment

I wish I could have a pet tiger :(

It could help us get rid of our raccoon problem.. and maybe some of our neigbors' dogs too..
                Case: Antec P180 ** PSU: Ultra-V 600W
                Main: EVGA 680i 122-CK-NF68**
                CPU: E6700 2.66GHz
                CPU cooling: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro ** RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2
                GPU: BFG GTX 295..** Samsung 206bw LCD

Comment

Awww... How cute. Now, does it bite?

Comment

Yep. It was biting me in the picture, but as long as I kept my fingers away from his back teeth all was well. Very similar to having a puppy bite on your hands with those little sharp teeth they have when they are young.
                    My Toys

Comment

Working...
                    X