Ghost Town?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Town?

What happened to the grand old Beer Garden. I used to hang out here all the time, thought I'd come back for a visit and the last post made was in August or something. What has caused this ghost town? Are any of the old crew still here?

Re: Ghost Town?

Some are still hanging around. Good to see you visit again.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Good to see you here mate. Been pretty caught up with work and stuff for a while and was on TT reading an article. Thought I'd come in and see what has been happening.

Comment

yeah it has been quiet
        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Good to see you hanging around too mate. What's happened to Wiggo, Beefy etc. Are they still around?

Comment

Originally posted by Slamo View Post
            What happened to the grand old Beer Garden.....
            It ran out of beer, the Bundy truck stopped delivering, the strippers all got pregnant/other jobs, even the dero moved on, nothing but cobwebs and tumbleweeds left. I heard even Jimmy Barnes turned down a gig here. (and we all know he'll play anywhere)

I wasn't here for the "glory days" but did read a few threads when I joined up, seemed like it used to be lively once.

E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

wiggo has been online intermittently since his family problems

beefy tends to hang out at www.beefysworld.com

it was extremely lively but several factors caused people to drift away - time is my major issue - I'm flat out in my new role as Energy Engineer (was in ICT but got head hunted by engineering), I try and check in once a day a thou.
              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Time is def. an issue - I don't have enough of it these days
                Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yeah, seems to be a fair issue. Gotta take on more responsibility eventually. It sucks, but it's life. It would be good to see a return to the BG though.

Comment

looks like its still a ghost town. WTF it going on, does anyone visit this site anymore?

Comment

just the folks that populate the support forums for different vendors it seems.

Comment

Ouch!

Seems to be so

Comment

Got to admit that Gigabyte has certainly snagged the lions share of the forum these days.

Maybe Mr Tweak needs to hire new pole dancers and have a happy hour to get the pub back up and running?

:D

How's the E3110 treating you Lsdmeasap? Are you running 445*9? tried 500*8? what's your VID? also what vcore?
                          E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

I am running 450*9 have not tried 8 multi yet. VID is 1.1750

I am using 1.318 set in BIOS 1.296 is windows at load

I just setup water, but am waiting on correct fans for my rad but for now with improper fans I get 28/54+/-

I really like water but was in a hurry and should have gotten a better rad, I could only afford a BIPII at the time. I plan to get a better one soon

Ohhh

Yeah I'm all for some pole dancers as well!

Comment

Nice low VID which would explain your vcore at 4.0GHz

My VID is 1.225 so I need 1.35625v (bios) to run at 4.0GHz.

Nice temps, what are you reading VID/Temps with? Core Temp 0.99 / Real Temp 2.6?

Comment

Working...
                              X