X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer research

Well the UD stats are up ATM.
    Always nice to see the numbers going up

On a personal note -- I have completed over 600 work units! YeeHaw! Took over 201 days, and stilll plugging along.

If you click the "Top 500" link in my sig it will take you to the Statsman page for our team.
    I've watched us go from number 534 to 492 -- anxious to see how we are doing, now that UD stats are working again.

There are over 20,000 teams -- so the top 500 is pretty respectable I think :thumb:

Just a few points seperate teams at this level, so crunch away folks -- your doing a fine job:D
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Good on ya Charles. :thumb:
    I'm still lookin' for my relo's and keepin' one of the TT Seti teams alive. :D
    <center></center>

Comment

I think the only reason that Wiggo wants to look for his relo's is to see if they like beer

And yes Charles - I now have my new Pentium 4 system up and running, which means that those cancer molecules are gonna get creamed big time now :thumb: :toung:
      What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

we've gotta find a cure sometime like this :) :thumb:
        At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

YES!
          If you go to Statsmans top 1000 UD teams list, you will see we are up to #469. That's a pretty fair jump.

Grim, wouldn't that be coolest if we do find a cure.

We are still 2,402 points behind the ??? Iran Tourism ??? team --crunch away gang
          :hammer:

Wiggo: when those ET's want to be found by us, they will be -- but not until. We'd sure like to have you on this team till they make a formal appearance.
          The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

We need a few more "Kheldars" in our team... :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
              We need a few more "Kheldars" in our team... :D
              LOL - He is dedicated to the cause, that's for sure!
              According to Statsman he is 49.01% of our team. Compare that to my lowly 4.25%, I look pretty sadly.
              But hey, I'm dedicated too! Just not as many machines to dedicate.

He still needs us for the other 50.99% for a little while at least :?:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C

LOL - He is dedicated to the cause, that's for sure!
                According to Statsman he is 49.01% of our team. Compare that to my lowly 4.25%, I look pretty sadly.
                But hey, I'm dedicated too! Just not as many machines to dedicate.

He still needs us for the other 50.99% for a little while at least :?:
                Well my parents ordered a new PC last week, so when that arrives I'll install UD on that as well... :)

Comment

Any contribution to the cause shows caring for your fellow man.

Any contributions to the team prove you have good taste as well. LOL

Comment

i got an idea...how about we all try & rake up some old 486's & 386's & dedicated them to UD...:) that wouldn't be half bad!
                    At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

I'm happy with my top 10 postition in the team :)

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
                        i got an idea...how about we all try & rake up some old 486's & 386's & dedicated them to UD...:) that wouldn't be half bad!
                        The results wouldn't be as productive as our modern machines though....

Comment

It'd srill crank a few point with 100% CPU usage

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak

The results wouldn't be as productive as our modern machines though....
                            I've said it before; "Every little bit counts!"

I just wish I had a couple more monitors. My KVM doesn't really allow switching, as it is a cheap bastage and my old mobo's don't recognize input devices properly without a reboot.

There's a gal I used to work with that for a year has been gonna' give me her dads old system, maybe I ought'a hound her about it, but I'm not comfortable demanding she give it to me now. LOL

Still, that would give me a 14" monitor to put with the ol' 200MMX.

All you need is Win 95 and the latest DUN patch to run UD -- with a modem of course. Memory of course is nice, but there are some dudes in the UD forum who are cranking WU with some machines that are sorry by todays standards.
                            What am I saying?? My machine is sorry by todays standards:cry:

Comment

hmmm....
                              I need less than 1,000 points to bump off Andy for a top 10 spot...:D

I don't know if anyone has had the need to find this out, but I thought I would just pass it on. This info comes from tinkering with my puters so much lately.

When my old PC went to pieces (til I can rebuild its home) I just saved the UD folder inside the Program Files folder. After I had everything set up on the new puter, I did a fresh install of UD. I just ignored all the registration stuff and copied the files in the old UD folder to the UD folder in the new puter and it picked up where the other puter left off. Not a hitch to speak of. So I didn't lose the crunch time that the other puter had devoted. I was kind of happy about that. I had already lost a few partial crunches before I thought of that.

Hope that is of some use to someone. :)

JM
                              Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
                              X