Dream Computer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Computer!

hmm that machine isn't the best if you want a serious gamer, infact no dual system is.. :thumbs do

It can crunch that seti maybe but.. :shrug:

Comment

You are right, but with this machine.....you could do both at once...
      OK tough guy....let's see YOUR dream computer...:D

Comment

don't wanna scare ya.. ;)

Comment

Go ahead and try.....

Comment

theres nothing wrong with a dual machine for gaming :p, you can dedicate your game to one cpu while the other handles the rest
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andy
              theres nothing wrong with a dual machine for gaming :p, you can dedicate your game to one cpu while the other handles the rest
              My point exactly.....but I don't think he gets it.....that and he's scared...:afro:

Comment

It takes ALOT more than that to scare me m8.. :devil win

Besides it would be really stupid to buy sata drives if you have all the money in the world.. 15.000 RPM SCSI is the way, can't be beaten in speed.. Sure It could cost ya a couple of thousand dollars but so what.. :shrug:

Comment

What if he was on a 16k budget?

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
                    What if he was on a 16k budget?
                    Yeah life can be a *****.. :laugh: :rofl:

Comment

Well, 5 billion RPM SCSI drives sitting there by themselves without a system to support it isn't gonna do jack....Did you actually READ my post?
                      Perhaps I'm beating my head against a post here, but the point was for YOU to post your own dream computer here, not just bag on mine. I dunno....I had fun posting mine, but perhaps your only idea of fun is being negative about other folks stuff without producing anything yourself. I can easily edit my computer, adding 15K RPM SCSI drives, but I decided to use the onboard SATA controller in this case. I gladly accept any constructive criticism, but criticism without a solution offered is just plain whining.

Comment

Gee here ya go and attack a fellow the same moment he arrives.. Man you need to get laid..
                        Or maybe you are one of those hesitating people.. :D :laugh:

But i'm sure you were trying to have a friendly chat when ya said you thought I was scared.. Why can't anyone be just nice and less hostile when talked to..:?:

After all I was never rude or impolite when I told you my suggestion about the hdd..
                        That's hardly whining.. :shrug:

Next time try and behave more friendly until someone attack you, then ya may strike upon him with furious anger.. Not before.. :)

Comment

Originally posted by The__tweaker
                          It takes ALOT more than that to scare me m8.. :devil win

Besides it would be really stupid to buy sata drives if you have all the money in the world.. 15.000 RPM SCSI is the way, can't be beaten in speed.. Sure It could cost ya a couple of thousand dollars but so what.. :shrug:
                          Perhaps I misunderstood when you said it would be really stupid to buy anything but 15K SCSI drives...
                          I wasn't attacking you saying that you were scared....merely goading you to perhaps follow the spirit of my original post, and post your own machine, that fits your own needs. Computers are so diverse, and I really don't feel that there is any one Uber-Computer, because they are all just as different as the people using them. Sure, the big manufacturers produce all pretty much the same thing, but once they're in the hands of people, they change to fit specific needs, even more so in the case of people that build their own. If you don't want to share an idea of your own, that's just fine by me, but don't pick apart what may be my idea of what is right for me.....just share what would be different for you. Now, can we let it rest and perhaps someone else can share?: peace2:

Comment

why have 2 opterons when you can have 8? :)

1 - some 8 way 64bit opteron supporting motherboard, say mm $1500
                            8 - 850 2.4 ghz each opterons $30000
                            16 - 4 gigabyte sticks of ddr 500 ram ecc $26000
                            2 - adaptec scsi card 39320D-R ultra360 PCI-X $800
                            4 - promise fasttrak s150 tx4 sata raid pci cards $600
                            8 - seagate cheetah 15k.3 73gigabyte scsi ultra360 drives $6400
                            8 - western digital 250gig se sata drives - $4000
                            2 - tdk indidvd 4x dvd+r/rw burners - $600
                            4 - tdk velocd 52x/24x/52x cd-r/rw burners - $400
                            1 - terratec dmx 6fire 24/96 $300
                            4 - antec true control 550 watt redundant power supplies $500
                            2 - apc symmetra mw 1000k1000g redundant backup power supplies $20000? not sure
                            1 - windows 2003 64bit enterprise server $4000
                            3 - nvidia quadro fx 3000 pci-x $3600
                            3 - panasonic pt-50phd4-p plasma 50inch hdtv screens - $33000
                            1 - logitec mx700 wireless keyboard/mouse combo - $50
                            1 - custom server case $500
                            2 - svs b4-plus subwoofers $5000
                            4 - jbl pro 5674 2400w/each $8000
                            2 - oc-192 redundant lines - $2000000 a month :)

computer - $145250
                            internet backbone - $2000000 per month

get about 10 of those servers and you have yourself a personal isp ;)

Comment

and one hell of a gaming station :)

Comment

Working...
                              X