No announcement yet.

A+ certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to me qualifications mean you have done the bookwork, but it dont mean you know what yer doin, only experience can proove that.

i thought ccna was 3 years.

the cisco certifications seem to filter out allot of braindead morons, but the MS ones seem to attract them, MS courses mean nothing to a lot of businesses i know

Comment

I'm pretty sure that CCNA is only two years... with the rate they change (some) parts of the curriculum, that's not such a bad thing I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by minibubba

how much do you know about the different kinds of printers, including laser printers?

you are going to need a very broad range of PC hardware and Windows OS knowledge to pass it. You seem to have a good handle on hardware that you have personally used and a good grasp of Windows XP but you will also need to know a good bit about win98 and win2k and even a little about winME

so like I said, you do need to study. If you can I'd recommend taking a class. Taking the actual tests is not usually part of a class though. I say take a class because you will usually learn much more than is in any book that way.. assuming of course that you have and good instructor and the class is more than just a lecture

lol, someone stop me from writing so much next time... [/B]
        Im gonna try to take a class, thats if one is oferred around here for fiarly cheap, and OS's, the only M$ os i dont really know is 2000, or 3.1 Im pretty good with printers, Ive took all types of dead ones apart to see how they work etc.,

Stop me from Reading so much next time :p

Comment

A+ is dirt easy to get if you can put a system together and have it working. I dont really think that taking a class would be any better than reading the book.

Oh yeah, if youre planning on taking it. remember, there is no such thing as Printer Snake Virus. It seems to be in every test. :thumb:
          Also the test is adaptive, so you cannot go back once you choose an answer. it bases the next question on how well you did on the previous one. and there are about 20-30questions. :thumb:

Comment

My bad, a CCNA certification is valid for three years. :)

Comment

yay i was right, all kneel to my righteousness

Comment

... or not :p.

How long are CCIE certifications valid for?

Comment

CCIE are 2 years

Comment

Time taken to get CCIE from scratch = at least 4 years
                    Length of Certification = 2 years....

that's just silly.

Comment

lengths of lots of certifications http://www.certmag.com/issues/jan02/...ogramtable.cfm

Comment

thx for everyones inpout, im looking over some study guies, and If i got any questions, Ill ask right here

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                          Time taken to get CCIE from scratch = at least 4 years
                          Length of Certification = 2 years....

that's just silly.
                          Since there are only like 3000-4000 CCIE's in the world the majority of whom work for Cisco. usually once you get it you can keep your CCIE # on your business card forever.. but generally it good until they change the exam which is every 2-3 years.

Microsoft is weird with the MCSE cert they are good until they retire your certification. A friend of mine who got his MCSE in NT 3.5 had a valid cert for over 6 years, while many people who certified on NT4 got much less time out of it. I believe they just retired the NT4.0 MCSE's so i don't technically even have that cert anymore..

Comment

Working...
                          X